ECU - MD & PA Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

novus_medicus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone apply there to the PA or MD programs? Idealistically, this is my first choice for a school for the mere factor that i am instate and the costs would fit my budget without requiring 50k/year school loans.

How hard is it to get into ECU compared to other medical schools?
Anyone have any feedback on the level of the curriculum offered there?

My girlfriend and I both want to go there...she's just finished her bio major and wants to go there for PA school. I want to head into the MD program - which is of course a little bit further out, but she wants to go in after doing a year of EMT work for the experience and to help her get in.

I think she finished with a 3.6 gpa...are mcats required for PA school?

Thanks for any advice.

Also, i read about the mentor forum...great idea. Any admissions board members who wouldn't mind me picking their brains from any school, I'd very appreciate a private message to start a dialog. Thanks

Jeff

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone apply there to the PA or MD programs? Idealistically, this is my first choice for a school for the mere factor that i am instate and the costs would fit my budget without requiring 50k/year school loans.

How hard is it to get into ECU compared to other medical schools?
Anyone have any feedback on the level of the curriculum offered there?

My girlfriend and I both want to go there...she's just finished her bio major and wants to go there for PA school. I want to head into the MD program - which is of course a little bit further out, but she wants to go in after doing a year of EMT work for the experience and to help her get in.

I think she finished with a 3.6 gpa...are mcats required for PA school?

Thanks for any advice.

Also, i read about the mentor forum...great idea. Any admissions board members who wouldn't mind me picking their brains from any school, I'd very appreciate a private message to start a dialog. Thanks

Jeff

Your best bet will be to go to ECU's website and look at admissions requirements for the MD and the PA programs (really the only reliable source).

Numerically, ECU is not that competitive (medians: 28P MCAT and 3.57 overall GPA). However, they have a small class size and they're looking for students who fit their mission, so it's not like it's "easy" to get in.

"Our mission is threefold: educating primary care physicians, making medical care more readily available to the people of eastern North Carolina, and providing opportunities for disadvantaged students."

That should give you a feel for the type of student's they're looking for.

Also, regarding your level of curriculum question, ECU is not an academic/research powerhouse, but every medical school must meet certain standards, so there's no "bad" schools. The fact that they focus on training PCPs will likely mean you'll get a good clinical education.