ECU School of Dental Medicine Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Is ECU doing virtual or in person interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone get a call today? One of my friends got a call…

Members don't see this ad :)
They applied Nov 29 so probably one of the literal LAST interviews

Nothin too crazy, average gpa like a 23 dat
Darn, I really should have retaken my DAT then. It seems like schools tend to value a high DAT more than a really high GPA from what I am seeing.

Has anyone been accepted or heard back recently? Or know when they will be reaching out to those who interviewed at the end of January?

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone been accepted or heard back recently? Or know when they will be reaching out to those who interviewed at the end of January?
I feel like there will be some movement soon now that UNC has finalized their decisions and more space opens up. I don’t know any dates though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed Dec 2nd. Got an email in Jan wondering if I had accepted an offer elsewhere. Haven't heard anything since then.

Does anyone know if ECU will be sending out anymore interview invites?

Have y’all heard from ECU recently? I haven’t gotten any notifications about acceptance/waitlist/rejection. Just wondering if y’all are in the same boat I’m in?

Same. Ugggh
Same here… I was interviewed 11/17 and was emailed 01/20 to inquire if I was still interested & that my application was still under active review. They asked for me to email them back by 01/26 if I was still wanting to be considered and I did. They emailed back saying they would update my application and put a note in my file that I am still interested. That was 01/20 and I have heard nothing else. I’m trying not to get discouraged but it’s hard.

So has ECU concluded their acceptances? I was interviewed 11/17 and was emailed 01/20 to inquire if I was still interested & that my application was still under active review. They asked for me to email them back by 01/26 if I was still wanting to be considered and I did. They emailed back saying they would update my application and put a note in my file that I am still interested. That was 01/20 and I have heard nothing else. I’m trying not to get discouraged but it’s hard.

Looks like they sent out 5 new acceptances, none of which are for me. Congrats to those who got in this week.

Looks like they sent out 5 new acceptances, none of which are for me. Congrats to those who got in this week.
Same 😭 so have they filled the class then? I can’t believe they emailed asking if we were still interested in jan and then nothing since. I need an update fr 😭

Has anyone gotten a rejection letter or anything? It looks like the class might be full, according to the ECU Facebook page.

Has anyone gotten a rejection letter or anything? It looks like the class might be full, according to the ECU Facebook page.
Nope. Still haven’t heard a word since the January 20th email to see if Im still interested. AADSAS status hasn’t changed & i have not received an email update either. I’d say it’s safe to assume if you haven’t received an acceptance by now, it means your application was denied. Possibly waitlisted, but not accepted. Unless something just happens and someone backs out of their accepting their offer to attend for any reason. Be ready to submit June 1st and try again :)