ED Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samMin95

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I have my application all finished, and was waiting for my professor to submit her reference, but i was wondering if i should submit my application now since there's a processing time? Or if I have to have the reference in first? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Also, I just read that it takes 4 weeks to be verified. Does that mean i cant apply ED?

Hello! I have my application all finished, and was waiting for my professor to submit her reference, but i was wondering if i should submit my application now since there's a processing time? Or if I have to have the reference in first? Thank you!

I know PTCAS won't process your application until they have everything. Meaning that your reference from that particular professor would need to be submitted and received before they start processing your application. However, the earlier you turn in your apps and the sooner your application is complete, the process time will be shorter since there won't be as many applicants.

When they said it takes 4 weeks, it means that it may take up to 4 weeks to be verified. And that's usually when the first big group of deadlines is approaching.

I did not apply during ED, so I don't know how to answer your second question.