Editing personal statements and secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TurboTran

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently a first year medical student at USC Keck School of Medicine and proud member of the UCLA Class of 2015. Having just gone through the medical school application process this past year, I know how helpful it can be to have a second opinion on your essays. Like many other pre-meds, I too sought after medical school editing services, but I soon came to realize that the standard price tag for a single edit was $250-300. As a student, this was something I simply could not afford.

Since this year’s application cycle started in June, I have been helping a number of friends with their essays and have received very good feedback on my personalized critiques. Although I wish I could give free personalized essay help to every pre-med who asked, I unfortunately have limited time as a medical student. On top of that, I also have the infamous pile of medical school loans to deal with.

I am therefore hoping to provide my experience and very current knowledge at an extremely reduced cost (and with a quick turnaround!) in order to help other pre-meds while working to chip away at my loans. With an MCAT of 37 and a 3.88 GPA, I applied to 28 schools and received 19 interviews. Of the 9 interviews I chose to attend, I was admitted to 6 and waitlisted at the remaining 3, from which I have since withdrawn my application.

Below are the schools that I received interviews at and was admitted to for those of you seeking school-specific help. Because I want to ensure that each applicant I work with receives very personalized care and detailed edits on their essays, I do have a limited number of applicants I can take at one time.

So, please e-mail [email protected] for all requests and questions! Please include any relevant information that you think will help (i.e. Specific prompts/ideas you would like to discuss, total number of essays and their respective word count, etc.)

Interviews:
Washington University in St. Louis
U of Chicago
U of Rochester
U of Buffalo
U of Pittsburgh
UCSD
Loyola
Loma Linda
Ohio State
UCI
Tufts