Chakshu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2006
Toronto
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
What is the earliest time I can expect to hear from pharmacy schools for the EDP? Please share your experiences/advice. Thank you.

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
San Antonio, TX
Status
Pharmacist
If you are talking about a PHARMCAS ED program - the school will post the ED date of notice on the Pharmcas info page for that school

http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/thedirectory.htm

If the school does not participate in PHARMCAS, then you are going to want to talk to admissions for that specific school...

What schools are you thinking of applying to? If you are applying to more than one PHARMCAS schools, you should be aware that selecting ED will effectively lock your app until that particular school (the ED school) passes judgement on your application. Afterwards - your apps for the other schools will be submitted.

Let us know...

~above~

OP
C

Chakshu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2006
Toronto
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Thank you for your reply. I am applying to Albany and so it says the deadline is Oct.25th. But what I am wondering is whether they send acceptances any earlier than this date for EDP. Also, since they don't require PCAT, LORs, and Interview, what kind of GPA should one have to get in (if anyone has please let me know their stats, etc). Also will they look at anything else (this includes extracurriculars, work experience, awards/honours) since they are also not required (as far as I know). Thank you.

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
San Antonio, TX
Status
Pharmacist
To be honest - I know little about Albany - from what I understand, it takes an extremely impressive GPA and EC's and Volunteer work. That goes for just about any school not taking the PCAT. If you have not already done so, use the forum search to find a boat load of info about the school. Also, once you find a couple of posts - you can PM someone that has already been through the process, those people will be your best resource.

Good :luck: to ya

~above~