Quantcast

Education Interruption AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentgal111

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I submitted my app in late June but recently I have been paranoid about whether or not my writing for some sections was top-notch. For the education interruption section, I explained how I had a learning disability I was initially unaware of, I even divulged the fact that before my accommodations, I would get distracted when test-taking and was often left turning in incomplete exams. With the remaining characters, I explained the health issues I faced midway through college. After hearing about what others have put, I am now fearful that I didn't talk about the positives from these situations. I only mentioned the issues and how they impeded my education but never said that my health improved etc. Is this looked down upon? It's freaking me out since I can't edit this!

DocStranger

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my app in late June but recently I have been paranoid about whether or not my writing for some sections was top-notch. For the education interruption section, I explained how I had a learning disability I was initially unaware of, I even divulged the fact that before my accommodations, I would get distracted when test-taking and was often left turning in incomplete exams. With the remaining characters, I explained the health issues I faced midway through college. After hearing about what others have put, I am now fearful that I didn't talk about the positives from these situations. I only mentioned the issues and how they impeded my education but never said that my health improved etc. Is this looked down upon? It's freaking me out since I can't edit this!
Definitely should’ve included the positive aspect of it because now they’ll view it only negatively about you.

TheBookCookout

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should you have put a positive spin on the challenges you've had to overcome? Probably. Will the lack thereof make or break your application? Probably not. If the rest of your profile is good, then I don't think you should lose sleep over it. Trust in your preparation, there's no use stressing over a submitted application!

Reactions: 2 users

S_Diamond_DDS

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I agree with bookcookout. Additionally, be ready to add a positive spin on it, when they bring it up in interviews.

Reactions: 1 user

predentgal111

Reaction score
Should you have put a positive spin on the challenges you've had to overcome? Probably. Will the lack thereof make or break your application? Probably not. If the rest of your profile is good, then I don't think you should lose sleep over it. Trust in your preparation, there's no use stressing over a submitted application!
Thank you so so much!! this really reassures me :)

Reactions: 1 user