You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Edward Via - Virginia (VCOM-VC) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014
Started by BB8730
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ACCEPTED!!!! omgomgomgomgomg is this really happening?!??
edit: I was on the treadmill at the gym when Whitney called and I was yelling and was asked to leave
Lol!!!! That is epic!!! And huge congrats!!!!!
ACCEPTED!!!! omgomgomgomgomg is this really happening?!??
edit: I was on the treadmill at the gym when Whitney called and I was yelling and was asked to leave
Hahaha congratulations!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't heard anything yet aside from a complete email around late august/early september? Anyone else complete around that time still waiting to hear back???
Hey guys I just interviewed here yesterday, and I absolutely fell in LOVE. I The only thing is I can't remember if they had an OMM lab. I know this might be a strange question, but all I can remember was OMM tables set up in the hall because the students had a practical. Can anyone remind me if there was indeed a designated room for OMM?
Hey guys I just interviewed here yesterday, and I absolutely fell in LOVE. I The only thing is I can't remember if they had an OMM lab. I know this might be a strange question, but all I can remember was OMM tables set up in the hall because the students had a practical. Can anyone remind me if there was indeed a designated room for OMM?
did they not give you guys a tour of the SIM center? Its over there, there were like 4 OMM lab rooms all sparkly clean and new with the latest technology for instruction
did they not give you guys a tour of the SIM center? Its over there, there were like 4 OMM lab rooms all sparkly clean and new with the latest technology for instruction
We did get a tour of the sim lab and all of the simulators, but I don't think we got to see the actual OMM rooms because there was a practical going on lol
I really really really hope I get in here!
Congratulations to all those who have received an acceptance!
I was wondering how should we go about paying the matriculation fee? I received an email after my acceptance but it did not state how to pay the deposit.
same here. We will be getting something in the mail soon enough with directions I believe
Just out of curiosity from those accepted, did y'all get a written note in the corner of your acceptance letter from the dean?
yeah it was actually from the president though, which was very nice of him.
man this thread is quiet. Has there been no new interview invites or acceptances...?
I think the next acceptances are going out this Friday. I honestly wake up everyday hoping it's Friday only to be let down. lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Had an interview on 10/9 and was told we should hear back on 10/18 or 10/20.
Was this in VA?
Had an interview on 10/9 and was told we should hear back on 10/18 or 10/20.
I interviewed here on 10/08 and Whitney told us that we should hear back early this coming week. I was thinking by Wednesday of that holds true, but I know it's always dependent on the committee.
Accepted just now!!!!!!!
Accepted today too! Interviewed 10/3. Long time SDN lurker and first-time poster. So excited! 😀
Also accepted, I interviewed on 10/08!
For those of you with interview invites or those that have been interviewed or accepted already, how long was the time frame from being complete to getting the invite?
VCOM CC/VC has yet to notify me about receiving my primary application (released 10/05). I am applying to 15 DO schools and have heard from all schools except for the VCOMs. Does anyone know if this school is still sending secondary applications out? Thanks.
My stats:
sGPA - 3.67
GPA - 3.46
gradGPA - 4.0
MCAT - 28 (11/8/9)
Virginia resident
My stats:
sGPA - 3.67
GPA - 3.46
gradGPA - 4.0
MCAT - 28 (11/8/9)
Virginia resident
VCOM CC/VC has yet to notify me about receiving my primary application (released 10/05). I am applying to 15 DO schools and have heard from all schools except for the VCOMs. Does anyone know if this school is still sending secondary applications out? Thanks.
My stats:
sGPA - 3.67
GPA - 3.46
gradGPA - 4.0
MCAT - 28 (11/8/9)
Virginia resident
Check your junk/spam email folder. A lot of people have had their "application received" notifications go there. They've also had secondary invites to there too!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Member 0922,
Thanks. I called application services. They have my primary and LORs. The application is under review, but I should have a decision by the end of the week.
Thanks. I called application services. They have my primary and LORs. The application is under review, but I should have a decision by the end of the week.
Member 0922,
Complete - 8/2
Interview Invite - 9/3
So about a month.
Complete - 8/2
Interview Invite - 9/3
So about a month.
Out of all the DO schools I applied to, this is the only one that I haven't heard from for an ii... so it goes I guess.
VCOM CC/VC has yet to notify me about receiving my primary application (released 10/05). I am applying to 15 DO schools and have heard from all schools except for the VCOMs. Does anyone know if this school is still sending secondary applications out? Thanks.
My stats:
sGPA - 3.67
GPA - 3.46
gradGPA - 4.0
MCAT - 28 (11/8/9)
Virginia resident
I have been complete for over three months and am still under review. So don't fret, they take their time sending out secondaries. They have two processes which first take 2-3 weeks and the second process takes around 4-6 weeks, so you are looking at a long wait possibly.
Does anyone know what the numbers are for getting an interview at VCOM VA?
Just got an interview invite! Was complete 10/3.
I received my secondary today! For some reason I keep getting an login error when I try to access the secondary. Has anyone else had an issue logging into the VCOM system?
That's when I was complete too! Hoping for an interview, but I'm not from an Appalachian state.
I'm IS & have always lived in rural Appalachia. So don't fret if you haven't gotten an II yet!
Here is the FB group address https://www.facebook.com/groups/vcom2018va/can someone please make a VCOM c/o 2018 facebook group? Iv tried my hand and facebook doesnt seem to cooperate
Last edited:
I got the call Friday inviting me to the interview and they told me they would send a follow up email with details. I still haven't received that email (I've checked the spam folder, too!). Anyone else in the same boat?
Let me know if you can access the FB page/see it.Thanks!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been complete for over three months and am still under review. So don't fret, they take their time sending out secondaries. They have two processes which first take 2-3 weeks and the second process takes around 4-6 weeks, so you are looking at a long wait possibly.
Complete over 3 months! Wow!
I'm in the same boat as you! Invite Friday and no follow-up email! I'm gonna call admissions tomorrow!I got the call Friday inviting me to the interview and they told me they would send a follow up email with details. I still haven't received that email (I've checked the spam folder, too!). Anyone else in the same boat?
I'm in the same boat as you! Invite Friday and no follow-up email! I'm gonna call admissions tomorrow!
Okay! I'm glad I'm not the only one. What day is your interview? Mine is 10/29 (I think! I was so excited I am not 100% sure I remembered the date correctly!)
Let me know if you can access the FB page/see it.
hmm still not able to find it. I can find the carolinas campus page though. Do you have it set to private or something? Perhaps you can invite me. Its Shelby Lorraine Lutz on fb
Capitalmed,
I received my II confirmation & details email this morning at 7:49!
I received my II confirmation & details email this morning at 7:49!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 137
- Views
- 40K
- Replies
- 61
- Views
- 13K
- Replies
- 56
- Views
- 20K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 185
- Views
- 53K