EEL08 holy crap thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
EEL,

Congratulations. This is an incredible accomplishment. I feel very happy for you and your family! May this be the beginning of much more joy and celebration to come. Good luck with everything. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats EEL, that's fantastic news!!! Good luck to you and your husband at AZCOM next year, you'll be great :luck:

CONGRATULATIONS EEL08!!!!

You guys are the first husband, wife combo on the DO school thread this year, I am thinking!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow! Major Congrats EEL!!! Great news indeed! Now I'm even more excited to find out if I'll get in here, because I'll be classmates with the famed EEL08! :)

I'm def. calling on Monday now!

(and congrats once again)

Congratulations!!! Thats awesome! :thumbup::thumbup:

EE, you are the best!!! Good things happen to good people!!!!

Way to go!!!!

Maybe... I'd say good things can happen to anyone...

Congrats though!! It was about this time last year that I got my acceptance to PCOM :) Glad things worked out for you... it's been interesting following your story.

Maybe... I'd say good things can happen to anyone...

Congrats though!! It was about this time last year that I got my acceptance to PCOM :) Glad things worked out for you... it's been interesting following your story.

ok...true, but it is alot more exciting when they happen to good people. Plus....my philosophically side questions....if a good thing happens to a bad person, is it really a good thing?????

(she sits back in her big leather chair and ponders)

Ahhhhhhhhh! EEL08!!!! I KNEW you were in at AZCOM! I'm soooo happy for you! Sorry for the delayed congratulations . . . I've been out of town since Thursday! WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!!!
:love::hardy::clap::thumbup::banana::):bow::zip:

I've never posted on these boards before, but I read them a lot. I have always been an undisclosed EEL supporter....sooooo.....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Go party girl and enjoy your time off before you sign your life away in the fall! :D

does your dad understand your plans yet?? :p

Thanks everyone!! You guys have all been so supportive and encouraging. I appreciate that everyone has given me great advice without being too brutally honest. I think my dad actually does understand now. :laugh: I told him yesterday and he said congratulations and that's wonderful. I think he would have loved it if I had taken this path when I first went to college but I was horrible at science so when I decided to apply now I think he was just skeptical. He actually told me today that he's been looking up stuff about osteopathic medicine and how there's no difference between MDs and DOs and actually at one point CA offered DOs the opportunity to switch to MDs. By the way, this is what he was saying and roughly how he was saying it. My dad makes me laugh. :laugh: He's actually going to try to come out for a night or two to see me graduate because he says getting my Masters degree is an important milestone. I agree. :D

AAAAAHHHHHH!!! EEL, I am so excited for you! I can not believe that you and your husband made it into the same school. That is a dream come true for your family. Wow! Congratulations!!

By the way, can you work some magic to get me in this year, please? I still haven't heard from 4 schools! I am calling them all on Monday.

I have been sending my magic med school acceptance vibes to you from the beginning, but I will try extra hard now! :D

Wow! Major Congrats EEL!!! Great news indeed! Now I'm even more excited to find out if I'll get in here, because I'll be classmates with the famed EEL08! :)

I'm def. calling on Monday now!

(and congrats once again)

Thanks! :oops: You know, I wish you guys could all know me in real life (or not) because then you would learn what a dork I really am. I think my husband would fall on the floor laughing if he knew I was referred to as famed. :laugh: I do appreciate the ego boost though. ;)

So when's the big move? Have you started packing yet??

We're not moving until the end of July/beginning of August. Right at the time of the year where I am mostly likely to die of any reason heat related. Hey I survived this past summer fully pregnant so I'm thinking somehow I will be able to manage. I'm pretending right now that Texas heat is not that different from AZ heat. :smuggrin::eek:

I've never posted on these boards before, but I read them a lot. I have always been an undisclosed EEL supporter....sooooo.....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Go party girl and enjoy your time off before you sign your life away in the fall! :D

Thank you!! I'm definitely going to try to take it easy between now and August. I will be taking the summer off, from classes not being a stay-at-home mom, and enjoying the time with my kids. You're more than welcome to post any time. The more the merrier I always say (to a point anyway). ;) I do think it would be cool to see all the lurkers come out and post for a day. That includes at least a few of the people I interviewed with. Hope you guys were accepted too (2/29)!!

Ahhhhhhhhh! EEL08!!!! I KNEW you were in at AZCOM! I'm soooo happy for you! Sorry for the delayed congratulations . . . I've been out of town since Thursday! WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!!!
:love::hardy::clap::thumbup::banana::):bow::zip:

Thanks for believing in me!! :) Seriously the more and more I thought about my interview the more convinced I was I wouldn't be getting in. I'm so excited but I won't be cancelling the May MCAT until I get the letter and pay my deposit. ;) I've never been so excited to spend $1000 before.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, late congrats coming your way from this direction! :D:thumbup:

SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!! Congrats EEL! That is killer, both you and your husband at AZCOM. Two physicians in the family.... wow is that going to be a challenge!

So did you guys find a way to celebrate this weekend????

Again, I r late, but congrats on the perfect situation acceptance! And double goes for screwing the May 31st MCAT! That's pretty sweet in itself :D

I'm kind of late to the party, but I wanted to say

:banana:*CONGRATULATIONS*:banana:

AZCOM has the greatest facilities! I'm so happy you and your husband get to start med school together!!!

OH MY GOSH!!! You see what happens when you don't login to SDN for a few days?! Fab things going on and I'm just now getting in the loop!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :clap::banana::biglove:

Girl you completely ROCK! :bow: EEL, I know you and your honey have worked so hard to get to this point, and I truly have felt that if it were meant for you to start, it would happen. AND IT DID!!! I am so proud of you like soooo many on here- and I truly pray all the best for you and your cute little fam!!!

Congrats again!!! :thumbup: Yaye!

congrats! see u this fall

Thanks again everyone!! We did celebrate by eating out at Olive Garden but by the end the kids were getting restless so it wasn't exactly a relaxing celebration but fun nonetheless. Oh and yesterday (3/11) was my son's 3rd birthday so my new avatar is a recent pic of him. He's the same one that was in my last avatar only quite a bit older now and with hair!! :D Let me try to post a pic on here too just for practice. I plan on adding a bunch more pics of my kids tomorrow on my osteobook page.

Your little boy is so cute!!! Happy late birthday to him! :hardy:

Your little boy is so cute!!! Happy late birthday to him! :hardy:

Thanks!! I wholeheartedly agree with you. ;) Can someone explain to me how to post a pic? I tried looking it up but can't find it. When I do it part of the url becomes asterisks.

Thanks!! I wholeheartedly agree with you. ;) Can someone explain to me how to post a pic? I tried looking it up but can't find it. When I do it part of the url becomes asterisks.

I use photobucket to upload my pictures, and they have a nice little click and paste feature so I don't have to mess it up every time I try to post.

ok, this is totally off topic but did you see that youtube clip she has at the bottom of her bio? So sadly funny

I know, it's one of my favorites too! :smuggrin:

I know, it's one of my favorites too! :smuggrin:

:laugh::laugh: OMG! That totally made me crack up. The sounds she made after she fell! :lol: I have no idea how the news people didn't start laughing. That is pretty cool about your best friend swimmg the English Channel.

:laugh::laugh: OMG! That totally made me crack up. The sounds she made after she fell! :lol: I have no idea how the news people didn't start laughing. That is pretty cool about your best friend swimmg the English Channel.

:lol: HAHAHAHAH!!!! I just spent forever sitting and staring at my computer screen in uncontrollable, body shaking laughter. That video is top notch. I think I may have actually laughed harder though at the "Grape Lady Music Video" on youtube. I love that they actually spell out the words of her screams to the music, "OW OW, OW OWWWWWWW". :laugh:

I'm such a terrible person. And future doctor no less. What's wrong with us?!

:lol: HAHAHAHAH!!!! I just spent forever sitting and staring at my computer screen in uncontrollable, body shaking laughter. That video is top notch. I think I may have actually laughed harder though at the "Grape Lady Music Video" on youtube. I love that they actually spell out the words of her screams to the music, "OW OW, OW OWWWWWWW". :laugh:

I'm such a terrible person. And future doctor no less. What's wrong with us?!

I think the funniest part is when the cut back to the anchors who are obviously holding back laughter, don't you know that the moment the camera cut they were rolling on the floor

I finally got a chance to watch it. The noises she was making were awful! I hope she's okay. :(

I finally got a chance to watch it. The noises she was making were awful! I hope she's okay. :(

I started thinking about that video today in the middle of work and just starting laughing for no reason. Thank goodness I was the only one in the room. I feel cruel but that was just extra funny for some odd reason. By the way EEL, your son looks so sweet and innocent in that picture, not so much like a wild man as he did in the other picture. Very cute. :thumbup: