Quantcast

USMLE Effectiveness of Study materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.serotonin

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
dear members I know this thing is v v subjective but I was wondering if some one effectively study the following regimen then where possibly can he/she falls regarding score . . i want to extract an idea how useful following studying materials are.

FA + GoljanRR + Rx + Uworld

TwinsFan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
From the people I've talked to with a 260+ it is more about knowing everything cold and picking up a ton of the in class minutiae not in the board prep materials to separate from the 240s or even 250s. Then there are two other factors, intrinsic ability/intelligence and a bit of luck (according to them).

Dr.serotonin

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
From the people I've talked to with a 260+ it is more about knowing everything cold and picking up a ton of the in class minutiae not in the board prep materials to separate from the 240s or even 250s. Then there are two other factors, intrinsic ability/intelligence and a bit of luck (according to them).

by this you mean an averagestudent can't beat 260 with these materials in hand. ?

Jabbed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
dear members I know this thing is v v subjective but I was wondering if some one effectively study the following regimen then where possibly can he/she falls regarding score . . i want to extract an idea how useful following studying materials are.

FA + GoljanRR + Rx + Uworld
People can score anywhere between 180 and 280 using FA alone. Along those same lines, you could use all those resources and score absurdly low/low/average/high/absurdly high. If you were to truly master each of those resources, you would more likely than not do very well, although I'm inclined to think that anything 260+ requires at least an ounce of luck.

Reactions: 1 user

Dr.serotonin

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
People can score anywhere between 180 and 280 using FA alone. Along those same lines, you could use all those resources and score absurdly low/low/average/high/absurdly high. If you were to truly master each of those resources, you would more likely than not do very well, although I'm inclined to think that anything 260+ requires at least an ounce of luck.

ok thankyou. let's hope for the best. let's beat this psychological mark of 260.

W19

Membership Revoked
Removed
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
260 is somewhere in the 95 percentile; therefore, it is a score that most average students won't be able to achieve...

I will be using Rx/FA and UWorld only, and hopefully these material will get me an average score (230+)...

Dr.serotonin

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
260 is somewhere in the 95 percentile; therefore, it is a score that most average students won't be able to achieve...

I will be using Rx/FA and UWorld only, and hopefully these material will get me an average score (230+)...

those who score 260 also study the same materials. and I personally believe that there is nothing like average or intelligent student. if you study with open mind and make connections / associations then 260 is very achievable. let's not think it's impossible.

nickkokordoc

Reaction score
Hello guys. I am right now in the middle of UWorld and my average score ranks me at the 95th percentile. Has anyone enough experience to predict my approximate score on real step 1 exam? Thank you