Comet208

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Status
Dentist
Hello everyone. I am doing an independent study aimed to investigate effects of traditional and modern diets on dental morphology; abnormalities in this case. Dr. Price made a lot of observations about this in 1930's but that has been it. I cant find any recent studies that link diet to abnormalities in the oral cavity. i.e: crooked or malformed teeth, narrow/wide jaws, etc. Does anyone have any info on this?? maybe a link to an article that either way talkes about this??? i very much appreciate any input that anyone has. thank you.

Comet

tx oms

Welcome to Thunderdome
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2004
USA
Status
Comet208 said:
Hello everyone. I am doing an independent study aimed to investigate effects of traditional and modern diets on dental morphology; abnormalities in this case. Dr. Price made a lot of observations about this in 1930's but that has been it. I cant find any recent studies that link diet to abnormalities in the oral cavity. i.e: crooked or malformed teeth, narrow/wide jaws, etc. Does anyone have any info on this?? maybe a link to an article that either way talkes about this??? i very much appreciate any input that anyone has. thank you.

Comet
www.areyoufreakingserious?.com

slayer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Status
sometime in the 70s I think.

Last edited:

ca_dreamin'

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2005
Status
Check out a lot of the ortho books. Look in the chapters that talk about genetics, evolution from rural to urban societies, etc... See what sources they used to get info for these chapters.

I know that there is a lot of good info on your areas of interest in "Contemporary Orthodontics" by Profitt.

Extraction

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 18, 2004
Texas
Status
Attending Physician
Comet208 said:

Comet
Why don't you look up the theories of Jean-Baptiste Lamarck. :p

rocknightmare

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2004
Status
Dental Student
well i did read somewhere that veg eaters tend to have more cavities. not sure if that is scientific or not.