Effects of traditional and modern diets on dental morphology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Comet208

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am doing an independent study aimed to investigate effects of traditional and modern diets on dental morphology; abnormalities in this case. Dr. Price made a lot of observations about this in 1930's but that has been it. I cant find any recent studies that link diet to abnormalities in the oral cavity. i.e: crooked or malformed teeth, narrow/wide jaws, etc. Does anyone have any info on this?? maybe a link to an article that either way talkes about this??? i very much appreciate any input that anyone has. thank you.

Comet

Members don't see this ad.

Comet208 said:
Hello everyone. I am doing an independent study aimed to investigate effects of traditional and modern diets on dental morphology; abnormalities in this case. Dr. Price made a lot of observations about this in 1930's but that has been it. I cant find any recent studies that link diet to abnormalities in the oral cavity. i.e: crooked or malformed teeth, narrow/wide jaws, etc. Does anyone have any info on this?? maybe a link to an article that either way talkes about this??? i very much appreciate any input that anyone has. thank you.

Comet
www.areyoufreakingserious?.com

sometime in the 70s I think.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Check out a lot of the ortho books. Look in the chapters that talk about genetics, evolution from rural to urban societies, etc... See what sources they used to get info for these chapters.

I know that there is a lot of good info on your areas of interest in "Contemporary Orthodontics" by Profitt.

Comet208 said:

Comet

Why don't you look up the theories of Jean-Baptiste Lamarck. :p

well i did read somewhere that veg eaters tend to have more cavities. not sure if that is scientific or not.

di amico 1963 or 4 jpd