Eight weeks and still not verified ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Paws

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having no love from amcas; I have been waiting now 8 weeks for them to verify me. I dutifully waited the '6 weeks from being active' that they required and so last week I was finally told: your transcript from XYZ university is incomplete. :eek:

Why they didn't mention that like, what - a few weeks ago is a mystery. So now I have had it FedExed and I still keep getting these vague responses from the amcas people like: it shouldn't be six weeks AGAIN, but we can't predict how long it will take.

I have a list of people I have spoken to there, and they all act like: what do you want me to do about ?!

I am sitting here in anger fumes, and am wondering if they'll just throw the 'new' transcript to the bottom of the pile. There is no accountablity or resource with them. No supervisor or anyone - and meanwhile my application has been sitting there since July 3, when I submitted.

I even called the AAMC people, and they don't seem to care either.

Any ideas or suggestions ? Paws is bummin' out here big time ...

Members don't see this ad.

awww...i'm sorry to hear that paws :( good luck with everything! i'm sure you'll be verified soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
If that happened to me, I'd get a letter from a lawyer. Didn't someone on this board do that and AAMC got to it ASAP? Good luck!

AmyB and I got lawyers 2 years ago, and it did seem to light a fire under them.
What do they mean your transcript was "incomplete"? Like they lost a couple pages from it? I'm sure the school didn't send them an incomplete transcript!:rolleyes:

I'm really sorry to hear about that paws. I just submitted/became active on 8-26 and have already begun to check aamc.org and email more than daily. I know I have a long wait, considering 6 weeks from now is...October 8th!!!!!!!!

You must be going crazy. Hang in there.

I'd try to get a refund or something. They really messed up big time. I'm still waiting for my application to be processed - I've been active since July 28 th but my gosh it doesn't compare to what you've gone through.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support.

Yeah, it really stinks and the thing is - when I mentioned getting a lawyer the guy almost hung up on me so that doesn't seem to be the route to go. Instead I just keep calling every day and having these little "chats" with the people who answer the phones (remember? there are no supervisors there ... :rolleyes: ) and everyone seems sypathetic but it just keeps dragging on.

Apparently, there are only 8 people who answer the phones and now of course, I've spoken to them all. I would start yelling but my sense is that they'll throw my stuff out if I do, so I am friendly but persistent and I keep saying: c'mon guys, help me out here ...

It seems completely insane to me, considering they also keep saying it's my school's fault but not theirs. So I politely say: well, you guys didn't let me know for 7 weeks either so ... they absolutely refuse to acknowledge that they have a responsibility to LET ME KNOW that the appl is incomplete. No they say, that's not our job ... (?:confused?).

The people who answer the phones are in the dark about alot of stuff, so I blame the people in charge at amcas. The phone people genuinely seem to want to help, but they are in this f*cked up system that doesn't seem to work (well, at least for me ... ).

Originally posted by cmudan
I'm really sorry to hear about that paws. I just submitted/became active on 8-26 and have already begun to check aamc.org and email more than daily. I know I have a long wait, considering 6 weeks from now is...October 8th!!!!!!!!

You must be going crazy. Hang in there.

We have similar situations...I was active since 8/21....so let's just say by November/December we will be verified...all hope is lost thanks to AMCAS:clap: :clap: :rolleyes:

+pissed+

In defense of AMCAS, they can't tell if your transcripts are complete until they go through the verification process. So the first several weeks they couldn't have told you it wasn't complete because they wouldn't have known; they would have seen that you had all the transcripts you needed, and then put you active.

Now the qualifier. I doubt your school actually sent in an incomplete transcipt. AMCAS should have notified you within the 6 week time frame. And I don't know if they're doing this, but they should shoot your app. to the top of the pile once everything is in, because it's not fair for them to make you wait 6 more weeks.

I've been active for 2 1/2 weeks now, and I'm hoping and praying that my verfication goes fast, since I have a relatively simple application; only one school's transcript, no special circumstances or anything. I'm nervous though, cause I know that's not a guarantee of anything.

I'm so sorry, Paws! We're in similar situations...AMCAS gave me wrong info about what to do abt. my study abroad credits...I was active on July 28th, in verification on August 19th, and now I'm back on hold - basically where I was two months ago...

I spoke to AMCAS about situations where you go back on hold, and apparently when this happens you have to wait half the regular wait time...I guess that means three instead of six weeks...I guess that means you'll be verified in the next few days, and then you'll never have to deal with the AMCAS idiots again!

Let us know how it works out! Good luck! We're almost there!

if you do get a lawyer or want to consider getting a lawyer, one thing you should absolutely NOT do is threaten AMCAS with the possibility that you might seek legal advice. Politely go through all the options with them and then seek legal advice on your own. Your lawyer can hanlde threatening phone calls

I am not saying you should get a lawyer, but the above advice is useful in any situation when you may need legal representation.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments and let's just say, that I hope no one else is hanging around like me with this kind of #$%^ problem.

Yesterday I got through to a nice woman outside the 'President's Office' of AAMC. Apparently the operators put irate callers thru to that area because they know that these people will step up and get things done. Wow ! she was super nice and took all my information and gave me her name and everything and what do you know? about an hour or so later when I called Amcas again I was told that the very day the new transcript arrives, I will be verrified.

Today someone even called because apparently their mail room still hadn't delivered the fedex over from the other building ... :confused: .

So my recommendation is to call the Aamc people and start asking for help from them, since they are the supervising organization. So, let's see now if tuesday I am verrified ...

Wow, Paws, I hope your application gets verified. I am getting a bit scared of this application process as well about its randomness and what nots. What irritates me is if the people at aamc know that quite a lot of students apply to medical schools through amcas, they would have a better organized system, but ofcourse not, they just have to maintain their reputation as sadists. Oh well, there is nothing to do but call them and bug them till we get our apps processed.

Good luck!! :)

Good luck to all those waiting to have their AMCAS applications verified and processed!!! Just hang in there and stay positive. I know that it doesn't seem like it now but it will all work it in the end of this long and crazy application cycle. Have a safe and relaxing Labor Day weekend!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

We wish you the best Paws. Keep us posted.

i wonder......

if your transcript was incomplete, didn't it say so on your AAMC welcome page at aamc.org?

When I log into my account, it tells me all transcripts have been received......

Hi link26,

well, see - that's the beauty of this whole process. ;)

My application said that all transcripts were received and complete, and this did not change until sometime late last week, after many conversations. Then suddenly the screen started saying different things, and now it seems to have settled for 'incomplete', or something like that.