AMCAS still ready to review after 2 weeks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted910026

I submitted last M (6/6), it is almost 2 weeks now it is still ready to review and not under review, is this normal? All my transcripts were in mid-May.

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted last M (6/6), it is almost 2 weeks now it is still ready to review and not under review, is this normal? All my transcripts were in mid-May.
Submitted 6/1, Verified 6/14. Yes, it is normal.

Reactions: 1 users
You don't need to stress about this. You can go on the AMCAS homepage and see a tracker that tells you exactly where they are in the process.

As of today, they are still processing applications that were "Ready for Review" on 6/1. Transcripts being in in mid-May is meaningless, because nothing happens until after you submit. At that point, assuming your transcripts are in, you enter the processing queue. This is the queue that everyone talks about, and is why the most neurotic among us rush to submit on the first day.

The queue builds to around 6 weeks at its peak in July/August. You only submitted 10 days ago, and they are still working on applications from people who submitted 5 days before you. You have a ways to go and, quite frankly, will be very lucky if you are processed by 6/24.

And this just doesn't matter, because being in the very first batch on the very first day confers no advantage. If you don't believe me, just look at any school specific thread from any prior cycle, and see all the people shocked and awed that people who were complete later received IIs than people who were in on the very first day. Good luck!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You don't need to stress about this. You can go on the AMCAS homepage and see a tracker that tells you exactly where they are in the process.

As of today, they are still processing applications that were "Ready for Review" on 6/1. Transcripts being in in mid-May is meaningless, because nothing happens until after you submit. At that point, assuming your transcripts are in, you enter the processing queue. This is the queue that everyone talks about, and is why the most neurotic among us rush to submit on the first day.

The queue builds to around 6 weeks at its peak in July/August. You only submitted 10 days ago, and they are still working on applications from people who submitted 5 days before you. You have a ways to go and, quite frankly, will be very lucky if you are processed by 6/24.

And this just doesn't matter, because being in the very first batch on the very first day confers no advantage. If you don't believe me, just look at any school specific thread from any prior cycle, and see all the people shocked and awed that people who were complete later received IIs than people who were in on the very first day. Good luck!!
where is the tracker located boss?