Einstein 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Happy Penguin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Classmates...
can't wait to meet you all..

any of you taking the biochem prep course? I still haven't recieved the info in the mail or fax..

:cool:
Happy Penguin

Members don't see this ad.

Happy Penguin,

You should have received the schedule (I received mine in June). If you want, I can PM you the schedule and list of books, but definitely call to find out if you are enrolled that way the housing office has your name also.

Talk to you sooner,
Droopy

Hi all-

I'm not partaking in the Biochem course b/c I'll be at a wedding that weekend. And, I haven't packed my stuff yet. Uh-oh! I'll be up in the Bronx the weekend before Orientation begins. Do you really think it makes that much of a difference that I'm not taking the Biochem class? (I think I'm just stressing that I have to pack and that I haven't been in school for a year.)

Waiting to meet you soon-
DK

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also going to a wedding that first weekend during biochem class. the thing is, I have been away from school and really lazy for the past four months. that's why i think i should take it. I was a biochem major. I emailed Dr. Hatcher, and he said that i don't need the class. but i figure, it's a good way to get to know the school and people. I think it's all up to you.

Hey Happy-

I wrote you a PM back in the day before they redid SDN. Yeah, I haven't exactly been a couch potato this year, so I just needed to not be in school for the extra 2 weeks :( I'm just stressing that I need to pack up all of my belongings and drive to NY in addition to babysitting 30 hours a week and getting ready for a wedding! AHH!!!

I wasn't a biochem major, but I had my fill of Biochem and Cell Bio at school. I hope that by working in a microbio lab this year, that I haven't completely fallen out of touch with science. Who knows?!?

Looking forward to meeting you. Do you know where you're living yet and with whom?

PM me if you fee like it-
DK

Hey future Einsteiners,

Do any of you know if Einstein is accepted ANYONE off of the waitlist this year? I haven't heard of any movement on this website. I really need to know STAT because I'm starting med school on august 7th!

-marmot-

Hi Marmot,

sorry, I don't know about the w-list movement.. prehaps you can try the w-list thread. Have you called the school and ask? Good Luck..

I called the housing people yesturday.. and was told that they are still working on the biochem prep people now.. so i won't find out about my assignment till later.. how about you?

Happy Penguin

Hi Marmot-

Sorry I can't tell you what is the deal with the Admissions Office. I know that they had just finished reviewing late interviewees in mid-June when I was in the office.

Maybe you could call the office tomorrow and express your continued interest in the school and ask if your application could undergo further review. Also, kindly express that if you were accepted you would like to participate in their pre-matriculation program that begins in early August and you'd like to make arrangements. It may or may not help!

-DK

P.S. Happy Penguin, I responded to your PM.

Hey fellow einsteiners!

I too shall be taking the biochem course. Been working with lil kiddies this year and have not been keeping up w/ my science.

Any of you considering living off-campus? Or know of anyone who will live off-campus? Trying to get some contacts before flying out to NYC.

:)

sorry marmot- i have no idea about the admissions office either... good luck!!

Off to Einstein on August 2nd. Oh boy, I am soooo excited. But I am not going to take the Biochem course. It turns out my Studio is already for move-in, so I think I am going to take the opportunity to check out the Bronx before the craziness kicks off. Hope to meet you all this year. Cheers. :cool: