Einstein BI vs. Lenox Hill vs. St. Luke's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medicine2010

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have to choose only 1 of these programs to interview at. Any input about these programs would be greatly appreciated. I've looked at all 3 websites and am still not sure which to choose. I'm interested in a competitive fellowship afterward. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

all are university affiliated community programs, so if you want something really competitive like Pediatric Surgery, you need academic all the way. Of these 3, St. Luke's is the one that I would say is the best of the 3 from my research (as a MS4 myself, I don't know how much I actually know). Of the affiliations, it has the best (Lenox Hill is also columbia affiliated, but is definitely the bottom of the 3 in my opinion). I have heard good things of BI though, so either wouldn't be a horrible decision to interview at, but like I said, if you are going for competitive fellowship, think academic. See you on the trail (I have St. Luke's Dec 18th and BI Jan 22nd, turned down the Lenox Hill interview)

Which St. Luke's are you referring to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Judging from his other 2, he is referring to St Luke's Roosevelt in NYC (since Lenox Hill/BI Manhattan are also NYC). Since I want academic, I actually cancelled my interviews at BI and St Luke's.

Anyone else able to comment on St Luke's vs beth israel?