Einstein Secondary Question - interpretation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pauven

Sir Patchwork
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am trying to interpret this question on the Einstein secondary (if you say Yes, you explain on a separate page):

I plan to take off this year while I make application to medical school.

-Would you interpret this as taking off from school full-time or more extreme such as taking off the year to go traveling? I am a Postbacc in my lag year so I'm working and taking classes part-time this year so I wasn't sure if this applies to me. Appreciate the help.

And yes, the Boratesque grammar is taken verbatim from the secondary :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I am trying to interpret this question on the Einstein secondary (if you say Yes, you explain on a separate page):

I plan to take off this year while I make application to medical school.

-Would you interpret this as taking off from school full-time or more extreme such as taking off the year to go traveling? I am a Postbacc in my lag year so I'm working and taking classes part-time this year so I wasn't sure if this applies to me. Appreciate the help.

And yes, the Boratesque grammar is taken verbatim from the secondary :)
Same boat here...i answered it as as NO, since we are not taking a year off school after finishing postbacc, as you are still in school.

Hmmmm. I didn't apply there, but I'm a non-trad in my gap year too. I would assume that this referred to people who are not currently enrolled in classes for the year (which is a question I've seen on many of the secondaries I've completed). If so, they're just basically asking what you'll be up to this year if you're not taking classes. But if you're really unsure, see if there's a FAQ for their secondary, or call them up and ask.

I'm pretty sure they just want to know if you are in school or not. if you answer yes, you get to fill out an essay about what you're doing, in which case you can explain yourself fully.