Einstein vs. Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuroticdreamer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is more asking for the various pros and cons, of each.

Members don't see this ad.

We need more to go off of ... What's your end goal? Ties to any place?

In any case, I give Einstein a slight edge for prestige. I give Stony a slight demerit because it will be renamed to Renaissance SOM.

If it were me, I'd go to Einstein for more prestige, true P/F, and better location. God, I hate Long Island.

Last edited:
It depends on what matters to you. Based on your history, you also interviewed at Sinai? Sinai would bear both. Its hard to tell unless you come up with your own pros and cons

Did you get accepted to both? Or is it just a general question?

Prestige edge probably goes to Einstein but barely. I think instate tuition at Stony would win out for me, even if you're OOS and only get it for 3 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread is more asking for the various pros and cons, of each.
Gotta say... I had a great experience at Stony on my interview day, but what you see is not the same as what you get when you matriculate.
The curriculums a mess and the admin doesn't ever tell students what's going on. They're renaming the school but nobodys told us anything, they change the curriculum on you half way through, and they really all seem to resent the students. I flew under the radar but I've heard horror stories. I matched well because I studied a lot and SB still has a good name ... but I don't recommend the school.

We need more to go off of ... What's your end goal? Ties to any place?

In any case, I give Einstein a slight edge for prestige. I give Stony a slight demerit because it will be renamed to Renaissance SOM.

If it were me, I'd go to Einstein for more prestige, true P/F, and better location. God, I hate Long Island.

ah yes the Renaissance School of Medicine - almost didn't believe it at first. maybe the worst rename ever