Einstien or NYMC news, anyone, anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcjay

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got post interview news from either of these two yet? :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

mcjay said:

Einstein is not rolling. Their first acceptances, according to their website (www.aecom.yu.edu) is January 15th. NYMC is supposedly sending out first group of acceptances December 15th, which was yesterday. But heard that it was dependent on your interview date. I interviewed at 11/7, so I won't hear back for a while. 8-12 weeks, it said on the website. Oh yeah, on the status page for NYMC, there is a space that says that if a decision has been made, it will be updated there.

mcjay said:

I just got an invite for Albert Einstein today. The said the next available dates were in March...which I am not too excited about, cuz it seems kind of late...but I'll take it! :)

Karina

Members don't see this ad :)
Karina said:
I just got an invite for Albert Einstein today. The said the next available dates were in March...which I am not too excited about, cuz it seems kind of late...but I'll take it! :)

Karina

Congrats! Great school with a lot of affiliated hospitals within a few blocks of each other. Cheap on-campus housing too. You have plenty of time to prepare for it now!

Any advice on having a car in Einstein's location (i.e. parking and break-ins)?

mcjay said:
Any advice on having a car in Einstein's location (i.e. parking and break-ins)?

i worked there this past summer and was living in their apartments on eastchester. there is a parking garage under the apartment complex...i had my car there and had no problems. (i went home on the weekends). they give the whole spiel about how you should lock your doors, as they aren't liable for thefts, but there are security guards that wander around. it wasn't too expensive (i can't remember the exact amount right now.)

there is monthly parking available at the nearby hospital's garage too, but i'd think it would be more inconvenient.

the nearby area isn't too shady. (probably the best part of the bronx).

either way u pretty much need a car or a good friend that has one...

car = good. It's the easiest way to get to Westchester Square, Bay Plaza, and Orchard Beach (favorite places to drive w/in 10 minutes). AMC theatre is in Bay Plaza (lots of stores), tickets for movies are only $7. Barnes and Noble there too. You can take the local buses (all have stops on Morris Park and Eastchester) to any of these places, though, or to the subway (2/5 about 20 min. by foot, a 6 about 10-15 min. by foot)

monthly parking is $65 a month. Apply early (as soon as you get here, like the 1st or 2nd day). It's filled up within a week. but they're expanding it this coming year.

If anyone's visited Einstein and seen the construction (ugly as hell), it's almost complete. and it's looked gorgeous here the past few weeks. I never knew there was a campus. It was actually rather depressing until recently, so I'll at least be able to hang around outside this spring.

The local neighborhood appears sketchy at first, but that's pretty much just Eastchester and Morris Park Ave. Any side street and you can see it's an extremely nice part of the Bronx.

And a great restaurant opened up on the corner of Eastchester and Morris Park: Coals. Anyone coming by for an interview, please go there. yummy grilled flatbread pizzas and paninis. Price is great considering the quality. Not many students go there yet (despite the fact that they have a lounge area to eat and study) cause it wasn't open at the beginning of the year, didn't get into the einstein book of community eateries, so MS1's are just beginning to learn about it now.

not trying to get everyone to come here. just clearing up what the neighborhood is like, need for a car, and drumming up business for Coals (I don't see enough people there, and really love it, don't want it closing down before it can get a larger consumer base next year).

Anyone want to ask me questions about einstein, post here or PM me. I'm around every couple days.