EK 101 or AAMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LetsGo352

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which more resembles the MCAT verbal? EK 101 or AAMC?

The AAMC passages appear to be so much more boring and harder to read than the EK? Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

The AAMC verbal is the same exact thing as the MCAT verbal. Although I think the EK 101 is good, some of the answers are more convoluted than the real thing.

I've done 2 aamc tests, and would say the passages between AAMC and EK are similar...but EK's questions are a little more confusing...with even more confusing explanations.

I've done 2 aamc tests, and would say the passages between AAMC and EK are similar...but EK's questions are a little more confusing...with even more confusing explanations.

I agree. If you can make a substantial argument for the "incorrect" answer and the correct answer requires an exceptionally long explanation, then the question was BS to begin with.
AAMC is from the actual MCAT. You can't get any closer, but I make 10 consistently on both, so I'd say EK is close.

Members don't see this ad :)
AAMC practice tests are the best sources, because like NYR56 stated, they write the MCAT.

In my opinion EK passages are easier because they're shorter and generally more interesting. I STILL remember, after 8 months, of reading about pimps and hos, not answering the police's questions, and Roman legionaries. But their questions are a bit harder than the AAMC.

Easily the AAMC FLs. Now out of all sources, the best verbal material would be the AAMC Official MCAT Guide.

I've heard this a couple times before and obviously, it makes sense that the AAMC *official* guide would be the best. But I am just so skeptical. I didn't think there was one challenging passage in the 5 or so passages included in that guide, whereas I have been equally challenged by Kaplan's and the AAMC FL's...