EK 101 VR - Page 22, Question 14

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gauss44

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Passage III of Test I

This is the one about marijuana and evidence. Can anyone explain why paragraph 3 doesn't make choice A wrong?

Correct Answer A = "Weak, there is no evidence that smoking marijuana cigarettes is dangerous."

Members don't see this ad.

Passage III of Test I

This is the one about marijuana and evidence. Can anyone explain why paragraph 3 doesn't make choice A wrong?

Correct Answer A = "Weak, there is no evidence that smoking marijuana cigarettes is dangerous."

Honestly, because they like to screw with us. :p

All I can think of is that the last sentence in paragraph 3 brings into question the conclusions of the studies mentioned earlier in the paragraph as it indicates that individuals who smoke marijuana may be inherently less healthy (i.e. marijuana use doesn't make people less healthy--rather, people who are less healthy tend to use marijuana).

It's pretty debatable. I think their reasoning is based on smoking marijuana vs smoking marijuana in cigarette/joint form. If you look at all the answers though, the only plausible and accurate explanations are A and C. However, they are both weak and therefore C is incorrect leaving A as the better choice.