EK 16 mini's test 8 VR Q347-349 Wrong answers?

Started by coyfish
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

coyfish

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone do this passage? I found some of these questions to be just wrong . . . Maybe im just loosing my mind. Im in the 11 range in VR and occasionally I get a passage where I just bomb. Motivation killer.

347) I put B and the answer is D. EK assumes that because the daughters revealed the truth years later + mother attracting public = mother didn't know. They were 8 and 10 years old creating a scheme like this . . . lol very unlikely to me.

I think B is better because the passage states, "sisters became center of a cult when their MOTHER CONCLUDED the sounds they made were. . . " That means their mother allowed the deception to be carried out. Seems more reasonable given that the children are under 10 years old . . .

348) They put A. I didn't choose this answer because of "never." The last sentence implies that there has not been a documented / studied ESP. It however doesn't mean that there has not been undocumented legitimate ESP.

I put B because of the last paragraph. To prove ESP researches must conduct experiments at various institutions, multiple times, and repeated by scholars at different labs. Seems reasonable to conclude that a very rigorous institution could refute / validate.

349) I guess you could argue the best answer here because EK's supplied answer (D) is correct. I missed the fact that they were not twins because I found A to be wrong immediately and chose it. A is a discrete fact that is clearly wrong. The passage says Crookes tested KATE. The answer choice says the Crookes tested the "sisters."

Thoughts?