EK 16 mini's test 8 VR Q347-349 Wrong answers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coyfish

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone do this passage? I found some of these questions to be just wrong . . . Maybe im just loosing my mind. Im in the 11 range in VR and occasionally I get a passage where I just bomb. Motivation killer.

347) I put B and the answer is D. EK assumes that because the daughters revealed the truth years later + mother attracting public = mother didn't know. They were 8 and 10 years old creating a scheme like this . . . lol very unlikely to me.

I think B is better because the passage states, "sisters became center of a cult when their MOTHER CONCLUDED the sounds they made were. . . " That means their mother allowed the deception to be carried out. Seems more reasonable given that the children are under 10 years old . . .

348) They put A. I didn't choose this answer because of "never." The last sentence implies that there has not been a documented / studied ESP. It however doesn't mean that there has not been undocumented legitimate ESP.

I put B because of the last paragraph. To prove ESP researches must conduct experiments at various institutions, multiple times, and repeated by scholars at different labs. Seems reasonable to conclude that a very rigorous institution could refute / validate.

349) I guess you could argue the best answer here because EK's supplied answer (D) is correct. I missed the fact that they were not twins because I found A to be wrong immediately and chose it. A is a discrete fact that is clearly wrong. The passage says Crookes tested KATE. The answer choice says the Crookes tested the "sisters."

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.