EK 30 minute exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lil pook

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the general consensus amongst all of you who have done these ( the back of the book) ? Sometimes I think they are fine, other times I am like "what?"

Members don't see this ad.

They are not really that bad. Some may seem difficult or easy depending on your background, strengths and weaknesses. I think their best tests are their chemistry and physics lecture tests.

Don't worry if you do bad on them. I find them really hard and EK also say they were meant to be hard. So if you do bad, don't worry, you're not the only one. Just used them as extra study material.

solid snake

The thing that is getting me the most is the inconsistency of my performance. I'll get a 10 in one lecture and the next will be a 7 or 8!! Some of the questions seem like stuff the real MCAT would never ask. For anybody who took the real thing, how similar are the two in terms of difficulty?

Members don't see this ad :)
All of the more easy questions you would see on the mcat are removed on the 30 min ek exams. don't even bother scoring them, if so , add about two points (at least with the really tough ones)...they are good to really make you twist your thinking but sometimes i think those 30 min exams were even sometimes harmful they were so complicated, i mean the mcat has some easy questions and if you worry so much about answering orsay's death questions, you may let the easier ones get away from you.

I personally think the EK questions were ALOT more difficult than the real MCAT questions. If you study and do the EK physics and chemistry, then physical sciences is not going to be a problem. The great thing about the EK materials compared to princeton and kaplan is that they teach how to do shortcuts in your calculations and they help you do alot of intuitive thinking about your equations. Instead of just memorizing them. this really helps when it comes to the real thing. I remeber a quesiton on the real mcat about electric fields and because I understood and did not just memorzie the equation I nailed that section. As far as verbal, timing is the key. Learn how to pace yourself. And for biological sciences that was not my best section, although I was a bio major. I dunno know maybe I was exhausted. Overall, I did pretty well, 34R, stick with EK they are great. Also, if you can get your hands on princeton, kaplan, review materials and exams that is even better. Just do them all!!!

I just did the free practice test online from AAMC and I feel so much better. Nowhere's near as difficult as those 30 min. exams.