EK Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmission

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to study using ExamKrackers, and I'm just wondering what you guys recommend -- the EK review books alone, or the EK review books along with the EK 1001 Question books (i.e, do you think the 1001 question books are helpful enough to be worth the extra cost?)

Thanks for any input!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the input. Do you mean passages for each subject?

Right now, I'm thinking of 10 books total, the 5 EK Review Books, and then the 5 EK 1001 books (one is 101 Verbal Passages). Are there any you would emphasize over certain subjects?

Right now, I'm thinking of 10 books total, the 5 EK Review Books, and then the 5 EK 1001 books (one is 101 Verbal Passages). Are there any you would emphasize over certain subjects?
EK bio 1001 have passages but Physics, Gen Chem and Orgo do not... I would invest in BR Physics and Gen Chem for passages. I dont think you need BR orgo since it way too much you need to know for the MCAT.

You should put an equal effort in learning everything because the MCAT can test you on everything. No doubt like everyone else, you will have certain weak points, and studying those are what you should study and review more.

I'm planning to study using ExamKrackers, and I'm just wondering what you guys recommend -- the EK review books alone, or the EK review books along with the EK 1001 Question books (i.e, do you think the 1001 question books are helpful enough to be worth the extra cost?)

Thanks for any input!

Just like Code said you need TBR books especially for the PS!

Just like Code said you need TBR books especially for the PS!

+1
You need the TBR books for the passages, definitely. Although the material presented in the EK may be enough, the real thing (MCAT) always manages to throw in some convoluted material that looks something like you have seen before, but never studied directly..so make sure you get a lot of passage practice so you learn the way of MCAT thinking.

+1
You need the TBR books for the passages, definitely. Although the material presented in the EK may be enough, the real thing (MCAT) always manages to throw in some convoluted material that looks something like you have seen before, but never studied directly..so make sure you get a lot of passage practice so you learn the way of MCAT thinking.

Thanks for the input. What exactly makes the passages different from the questions that might be found in the 1001 books?

You will find different recommendations from different people. Basically TBR, EK, TPR are the most recommended but it all depends on how much time you have. As great as TBR is, it is extremely time-consuming. I'm a big fan of TBR though. EK is good as substitution material and will give you plentiful questions and practice (ref. mcat study guide).

If you are able to, study all materials (TBR, EK, TPR) - if you simply can't then make wise choices. It depends on how good you want to score but if you want your maximum score you also need your maximum effort.

Cheers :luck:

Thanks for the input. What exactly makes the passages different from the questions that might be found in the 1001 books?

They're hard. The "passages" in 1001 aren't long enough and are a walk in the park compared to TBR ones.

Everyone else is right in that TBR is much more time consuming, so make sure you learn how to read for concepts and the important information. TBR doesn't tell you exactly what you need to know like EK but it's still pretty darn good.