EK FL4 P/S

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kryptonxenon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else think that this section had a lot of ambiguous questions? After going through the solutions I still don't understand 212, 217, 222, and 224. If you do understand these questions, I would appreciate it if you could please enlighten me.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, it was kind of crappy IMO. I should have reached out to you ahead of time to split the $50 cost :cat:

212: This study was just annoying to read about. They had some people trying to tell the difference between 3 sounds. They take a pre-test, do some training, then take a post-test. The learning index is the difference between the post and pre-test so it represents how much they improved. During the training phase in-between, the researchers make the sounds identical but just provide random feedback saying correct or incorrect. The figure shows that people who got some random feedback 33% of the time improved the most. They are basically implying the people did better with a little pat on the back. -___- This agrees with choice (A). I don't really know how much I believe the results. It's like saying that if I just stop studying for the MCAT, but someone tells me "you can do it!" as encouragement, I'll magically do really well.

217: A silly question. Even if the economy recessed, people may still move here due to family reasons or as a refugee. (C/D are out). But the choice between A/B is just a value judgement by EK. Do people forget about the economy and decide to take on 4 years of student debt in the face of a bad job market? Or do undocumented immigrants strategically weigh the pros and cons of the economy before coming? They will be likely working illegally anyway. I stick with my answer choice A, it makes more sense to me.

222: The ELM theory of motivation is based on motivating people through logic / understanding (central route) or by whim (peripheral route). I assumed they were talking about the central route here. This would mean educating doctors about the issues with obesity so that they get behind the issues and believe in them. The other choices are more of enforcements or guidelines that doctors have to follow, but might not really believe in. Kind of tired about reading about how obesity is medicalized at this point. More exercise anyone?

224:
Choice A is the better answer here in my opinion. 1 patient does not equal peer pressure. If so, the doctor should get some more training. Paragraph 1 talks about how patients expect some prescriptions and the doctor can feel like "oh **** they expect some Rx, I better write that so they stay happy!". This goes with choice A. Silly EK.

212 and 222 make sense now! I also went with A for 217 and 224.

I should have reached out to you ahead of time to split the $50 cost :cat:

As I was purchasing the test I thought to myself "maybe I should ask on sdn if anyone is willing to split the cost..." Oh well, too late now.

Reactions: 1 user