EK MCAT study schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anyusernamenottaken

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the EK study schedule they have posted on their site? At first glance, it seems a little light on studying, void of those famous pre-med 3 month 6-8 hrs/day type schedules. Do you think this is a good schedule with enough study time/practice in general?

https://www.examkrackers.com/mcat/MCAT-HomeStudy.aspx

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure exactly how long I took, but basically I just read the books one chapter at a time and did the practice quizzes along the way. End of the chapter was the chapter test iirc which I would've done the same day as the last reading. I spent a lot of time grading each day and understanding why I got each problem wrong. At the end of the series of books I did a full length about every 2 days or so, then just sat back and watched KA vids on topics I wasn't clear on.

I don't believe it took quite 3 months, maybe 2.

I think I looked at their schedule and then modified it. I got the books around Christmas and started reading a couple chapters a week. I would take a Friday night or something and sacrifice it to read and understand and make flashcards. I finished the books for the most part by finals in the spring. I took a few days break then went crazy reviewing and quizzing for a couple weeks. I took as many practice tests and question bank problems as I could get my hands on and then did nothing the day before the exam. Did well. Got into med school.