EK Verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

uclabruin8

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm using the 2002 edition of the 101 passages for verbal as a PDF on my iPad. It's the one with 11 practice exams with 9 passages in each practice exam. My question is what should my timing be per passage to be comparable to the 7 passage VR of present-day? Thanks.
 
I thought we give 9 passage tests 85 minutes?

that is, 60 questions for 85 minutes? atleast thats how much i thought the old aamc tests get.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought we give 9 passage tests 85 minutes?

that is, 60 questions for 85 minutes? atleast thats how much i thought the old aamc tests get.

the current one has

PS: 52 questions 70 min
VR: 40 questions 60 min
Writing: 2 prompts 60 min
BS: 52 questions 70 min

optional 10 min breaks in between each section and each section has 7 passages along with discrete questions for the sciences.
 
the current one has

PS: 52 questions 70 min
VR: 40 questions 60 min
Writing: 2 prompts 60 min
BS: 52 questions 70 min

optional 10 min breaks in between each section and each section has 7 passages along with discrete questions for the sciences.

I was referring to the ek1001 book that the op has. It has 60 questions per test. op needed a time per test.
 
I have the same EK. I was wondering, is it highly recommended that I get the newer version with 40 questions? Does it make a difference which verbal book I use between the newer and the older version?