Ek1001

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MSc44

do most of you do the questions in the 1001 book while your doing or studying that lecture or do you finish all lectures then go back reviewing the 1001 questions

Members don't see this ad.

while doing them :) Its taking me ridiculous amounts of time, but its so worth it, I m not giving up:)

i tried to do them all while working on the corresponding lecture, but that was way too much work. Now, I just have designated day in which to work on them.

I first do the lecture questions and the 30 minute exams. If I do poorly on both then I will try to complete most of the questions for that corresponding lecture in the 1001 book. Otherwise, I do fewer of the questions. Regardless I do them afterwards but never on the same day that I do the lecture.

Members don't see this ad :)
tik-tik-clock said:
while doing them :) Its taking me ridiculous amounts of time, but its so worth it, I m not giving up:)

Dude i hear that
I just got ALL EK books and started last week, im not taking the aug exam so i have time but its going real slow

keep it up!

Are the EK1001 books like the 30-min in class tests? Or are they like the section sample questions? Clearly, the 30-min tests, being passage driven, seem more useful unless you're having problems with fundamental concepts.

Just trying to figure out if I should get some of them. I've just started studying, but I'm getting 9 & 10s (mostly stupid mistakes, not huge flaws in thinking) and just want more practice taking passage questions without using the AAMC practice exams until it's closer to test time.

I did them after I had read the lectures for the week (I followed the study schedule). After doing those and the Mini-MCATs for the week, I reviewed the lectures after going through the questions so that the material stuck better.

Rahl22 said:
Are the EK1001 books like the 30-min in class tests? Or are they like the section sample questions? Clearly, the 30-min tests, being passage driven, seem more useful unless you're having problems with fundamental concepts.

Just trying to figure out if I should get some of them. I've just started studying, but I'm getting 9 & 10s (mostly stupid mistakes, not huge flaws in thinking) and just want more practice taking passage questions without using the AAMC practice exams until it's closer to test time.

They are just like discretes. I thought they were good to pound in the concepts of the sciences without the passage to rely on for extra information.