• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Elective in Korea

min63

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2009
Hi, I'm trying to decide if I should have an away elective in korea (Yonsei) for my 4th year, most likely dermatology or ophtho... I'm Korean American, speak the language, I even lived there for a couple months.. My only issue is... I believe the Korean medical/schooling system is very different, especially towards girls... I'm worried that people might be mean/ expecting me to fetch them coffee/working me to the bone..... is this a dumb concern?? I would love some input from people who's been to Korea for rotations, or any interns/residents in Korea?? :) Thanks a bunch.

lovebes

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2008
  1. Medical Student
Hey,
Nah, I don't think you need to worry about that. I mean, Korea changed a lot, and if you have been there in the recent years, it's a very very modern society. Well and as for working you to the bone, that might happen not because of sex but due to just being M4 :)

I'm also into thinking about doing a month next year in Korea. Searching SDN showed either SNU, Ajou are like the top top hospitals in Korea, and I'm personally biased towards Yonsei because I just like everything about Yonsei. If I do go for it, maybe we'll see each other! haha

About the Ads
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.