China and Eastern Asia Taking the USMLE while enrolled in PH Medical School

Started by kangkong
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kangkong

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'd just like to ask this question because I haven't seen clear information regarding this. Do all Philippine med schools allow students to take the USMLE Step 1 after their 2nd year? or do some not allow it
 
Is not that medical schools will allow you or not, it's up to you, when you would want to take it, you just need the requirements from your school (TOR) to be sent to the ECFMG for you to be eligible for the exam. For USMLE Step 1- it covers coursework from 1st to 2nd year- so if you're planning to take the USMLE after 2nd year, you may do so, just register with the ECFMG and apply for the exam. Hope that helps.

I'm not yet a med student but I'm planning to start next year. So I am doing some research as well. Are you by any chance studying already?

PS: i'm a US resident, Filipino citizen and finished undergrad in the PI
 
Is not that medical schools will allow you or not, it's up to you, when you would want to take it, you just need the requirements from your school (TOR) to be sent to the ECFMG for you to be eligible for the exam. For USMLE Step 1- it covers coursework from 1st to 2nd year- so if you're planning to take the USMLE after 2nd year, you may do so, just register with the ECFMG and apply for the exam. Hope that helps.

I'm not yet a med student but I'm planning to start next year. So I am doing some research as well. Are you by any chance studying already?

PS: i'm a US resident, Filipino citizen and finished undergrad in the PI
I'm in my third year of nursing school and will be graduating next year, hopefully on time despite COVID restrictions. I assumed that PH medical schools allow this as well based on research, but I've heard from other people that some schools won't let their students take the USMLE until they graduate, this includes CIM and only until recently, XUJPRSM.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in my third year of nursing school and will be graduating next year, hopefully on time despite COVID restrictions. I assumed that PH medical schools allow this as well based on research, but I've heard from other people that some schools won't let their students take the USMLE until they graduate, this includes CIM and only until recently, XUJPRSM.
if you dont mind me asking, are you a Us citizen or a resident? cuz, you can also try to get into us medical schools thru post bacc programs. you can email me :[email protected]