1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Elective in QLD

Discussion in 'Australasia and Oceania' started by carmen5354, Jul 19, 2006.

1. carmen5354

carmen5354 New Member

Medical Student
    Hi,
    I'm an undergrad at Monash wondering if anyone has done an elective in Brisbane, their experiences & how to go about applying for them.
    Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. markdc

markdc Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

What is the time period of your elective?

I am sure you could just contact some of the bigger hospitals directly. (Princess Alexandra, Royal Brisbane Hosp). If you want sunshine and to be near the beaches then contact the Gold Coast Hospital. (That is where I would go. The 1st year elective doesn't really mean too much in the big scheme of things so you may as well be as close to the beach and surfing as possible). Brisbane is 1hr + away from the decent beaches.

You could contact the University of Qld Med school. They will probably take a long time to respond though.

4. carmen5354

carmen5354 New Member

Medical Student
    Thanks!
    I want to have my elective at the end of next year and they usually last for 6 weeks.

5. ATHO

ATHO Junior Member

Medical Student
    Hi carmen - I go to UQ. Check out the UQ Med Soc website - there's a good guide on electives there: http://uqms.org/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,306/

If you have heaps of trouble finding somewhere, let me know and I'll see if I can get some contacts for ya. All the best.