Elective in QLD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carmen5354

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm an undergrad at Monash wondering if anyone has done an elective in Brisbane, their experiences & how to go about applying for them.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

What is the time period of your elective?

I am sure you could just contact some of the bigger hospitals directly. (Princess Alexandra, Royal Brisbane Hosp). If you want sunshine and to be near the beaches then contact the Gold Coast Hospital. (That is where I would go. The 1st year elective doesn't really mean too much in the big scheme of things so you may as well be as close to the beach and surfing as possible). Brisbane is 1hr + away from the decent beaches.

You could contact the University of Qld Med school. They will probably take a long time to respond though.

markdc said:
What is the time period of your elective?

I am sure you could just contact some of the bigger hospitals directly. (Princess Alexandra, Royal Brisbane Hosp). If you want sunshine and to be near the beaches then contact the Gold Coast Hospital. (That is where I would go. The 1st year elective doesn't really mean too much in the big scheme of things so you may as well be as close to the beach and surfing as possible). Brisbane is 1hr + away from the decent beaches.

You could contact the University of Qld Med school. They will probably take a long time to respond though.

Thanks!
I want to have my elective at the end of next year and they usually last for 6 weeks.