Elective Rotation Opportunities as a Dermatology Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ialwayslose

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I am in a reputable dermatology residency program in my PGY-3 year. I am looking into once-in-a-lifetime (ideally) opportunities to pursue electives in dermatology once I am a resident. I know the AAD has a program at a native american reservation as well as botswana that can be applied into, but I am wondering if anyone has any additional ideas for opporunities out there within dermatology?

I am motivated, but don't want to settle for something forgettable like going to UCSF for a month and doing research, if you know what I mean,

Thanks.
 
Hey all,

I am in a reputable dermatology residency program in my PGY-3 year. I am looking into once-in-a-lifetime (ideally) opportunities to pursue electives in dermatology once I am a resident.

Are you not already a resident? I’m confused.

Anyway, look at getting some experience with lasers, “skin of color”, hair or nail experts, rheum derm, etc. Obviously depends on what you think you’re already getting in residency (assuming you already are....)