Elective Rotation Opportunities as a Dermatology Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ialwayslose

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am in a reputable dermatology residency program in my PGY-3 year. I am looking into once-in-a-lifetime (ideally) opportunities to pursue electives in dermatology once I am a resident. I know the AAD has a program at a native american reservation as well as botswana that can be applied into, but I am wondering if anyone has any additional ideas for opporunities out there within dermatology?

I am motivated, but don't want to settle for something forgettable like going to UCSF for a month and doing research, if you know what I mean,

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

I am in a reputable dermatology residency program in my PGY-3 year. I am looking into once-in-a-lifetime (ideally) opportunities to pursue electives in dermatology once I am a resident.

Are you not already a resident? I’m confused.

Anyway, look at getting some experience with lasers, “skin of color”, hair or nail experts, rheum derm, etc. Obviously depends on what you think you’re already getting in residency (assuming you already are....)