Elective surgeries stopping again

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WEBB PINKERTON

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would hate to be a pathologist in large cities. Rural is place to be.

Members don't see this ad.

Cities as we knew them are basically done for. "Detroit-ification" is coming.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone in Arizona?

Hospitals in Arizona are seeing an intense wave of new coronavirus cases, doctors at the Banner University Medical Center in Phoenix told ABC News on Monday, and it is filling up their intensive care units and pushing their nurses to the brink.

Dr. Jennifer O'Hea, a Banner ICU doctor overseeing 100 patients, said the situation "exploded" towards the end of May and has snowballed into a dire situation.

"Never, never, ever have I seen this many patients in our ICU," O'Hea, who has worked at the hospital for 22 years, said. "We were using ICUs that we've never used before. Rooms that were vacant we're now using as ICUs."

With cases and hospitalizations rising quickly, Dr. Bradley Dreifuss, an emergency medicine physician in Tucson, told ABC News he fears Arizona "is on the brink of losing control of the epidemic."

I am in rural AZ and we have plenty of sick COVID-19 patients.
Hospital census has been holding near capacity the 72 hrs and we have enough PPE for now.
We have not shut down surgery yet but this could come at any time.

Rural areas are not a refuge from COVID-19.
We may do better than larger cities but this remains to be seen.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I am in rural AZ and we have plenty of sick COVID-19 patients.
Hospital census has been holding near capacity the 72 hrs and we have enough PPE for now.
We have not shut down surgery yet but this could come at any time.

Rural areas are not a refuge from COVID-19.
We may do better than larger cities but this remains to be seen.

Exactly. The major cities were hit first, but they will not be the only areas hit. This virus appears to be very easily transmissible, so as long as humans gather - whether in huge cities or small towns - it will keep spreading.

Reactions: 1 user
Arkansas is getting hit hard now. The whole state is rural, but they are passing COVID around like candy down there.