Electives at SUNY Downstate and UCSD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MooseMallet

Tastes like burning
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there,

I'm an Australian medical student trying to get a few electives done in the States.

I was wondering if anyone could comment on the anesthesiology electives at either SUNY Downstate or UCSD. I did a quick search of the forums, but I couldn't find much.

I'm curious about how much hands-on experience I will get and if I will get any contact with the attendings (to be honest, I am hoping for a good letter of reference at the end).

I'll take whatever other information you guys can give me on either school as well.

Thanks.