Electricity

Started by victorias
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

victorias

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
upload_2016-2-10_12-8-17.png


For this question, I got the right answer but I used a different method - I didn't take charge/electron into account.

Q = It = nF
n = (2x10^20)/(6.02x10^23) = 3 x 10^-4

So, I = nF/t ~ (3x10^-4)(10^5)/5 = ~ 6A

Is my method still correct?
 
For this question, I got the right answer but I used a different method - I didn't take charge/electron into account.

You actually did take charge into account. The Faraday constant gives you the charge per mole of electrons - that's its physical meaning. Think about what you're doing before you just go apply equations!
 

Similar threads