Electronics in 1st year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering do we need (or does the school provides) any laptops, Tablet PCs, PDAs, Digi Cams, etc for our studies. And if having any of these has any benifit while studying.

In my school, they provided us with laptops. So iam just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering do we need (or does the school provides) any laptops, Tablet PCs, PDAs, Digi Cams, etc for our studies. And if having any of these has any benifit while studying.

Some schools have a laptop program, some just have requirements but the laptop is not provided. Check with your school. Also, a PAD is a great tool to have in clinical settings.

You don't need a laptop, however it is nice to have one. For now, it would be just as good to have printed out notes so you can write on them during class. I know that in Histo, Neuro, Lower Extremity, and Physio you will have to write/draw in extra stuff during lectures in your Powerpoint handout. So, that is why I would stick to printing out colored powerpoint handouts and have them professionally bound in the printshop. On the other hand, if you can get yourself one of those laptops where you can write on them like a notebook that would be excellent.

I professionally bind my notes in color (printing with my own printer using ink refill kits). After each class is completed I just file my lecture notes in a bookshelf.

I do not know what the school is planning for you guys next year. I heard that laptops or preprinted notes were thought about. However, we didn't get a labtop/ PDA/ or preprinted notes.

Members don't see this ad :)
You don't need a laptop, however it is nice to have one. For now, it would be just as good to have printed out notes so you can write on them during class. I know that in Histo, Neuro, Lower Extremity, and Physio you will have to write/draw in extra stuff during lectures in your Powerpoint handout. So, that is why I would stick to printing out colored powerpoint handouts and have them professionally bound in the printshop. On the other hand, if you can get yourself one of those laptops where you can write on them like a notebook that would be excellent.

I professionally bind my notes in color (printing with my own printer using ink refill kits). After each class is completed I just file my lecture notes in a bookshelf.

I do not know what the school is planning for you guys next year. I heard that laptops or preprinted notes were thought about. However, we didn't get a labtop/ PDA/ or preprinted notes.

apparently you have not read all of Cool's posts he has one of those tablet PC's. he talked about it for a whole thread like it was gods gift to him.:D :cool:

apparently you have not read all of Cool's posts he has one of those tablet PC's. he talked about it for a whole thread like it was gods gift to him.:D :cool:

:D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Wow! you have an excellent memory. God Bless you! I was asking the question because i dont want to carry even that Tablet PC if its not needed.its kind of heavy. and iam very lazy. lol!

For now, it would be just as good to have printed out notes so you can write on them during class. I know that in Histo, Neuro, Lower Extremity, and Physio you will have to write/draw in extra stuff during lectures in your Powerpoint handout.

Don't know how this would work at your school, but since all the Powerpoints are on the server here, I find the laptop to be priceless. At the beginning of last semester I printed out all the Powerpoints and used them during class to write on. After a while, I realized that it was costing me a fortune in ink. Powerpoint has a really great provision which allows you to add notes to every slide, and it costs you nothing to do it. Plus, if you use Google desktop search on your laptop, and keep the Powerpoints on your laptop, you can use the search function to find anything really quickly, without flipping through tons of lectures, just by using a couple of key words.

At the end of the semester, I just burn a copy of everything to DVD. Makes things a lot less cluttered at my house now than it used to be.