"Elements of Biochemistry" Course for MCAT Prep?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

velodork

luctor et emergo
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My uni offers a course titled "Elements of Biochemistry" with an accompanying lab for a total of 4 (quarter) units. I've been on the fence about taking BioChem but the more I think about it the more I think it will be a prudent decision.

It will be the only course I take during a summer session while studying MCAT the rest of the time. Unfortunately I will only be 6 weeks into the 10 week course when I sit for the July MCAT but I figure 6 weeks of instruction is better than none.

tldr: Do any of you have experience with a basic level BioChem course? Do you think it will be effective for MCAT BioChem prep?

Feedback is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I am doing the Kaplan Biochem Foundations course, definitely recommend it if you never had Biochem.

I am doing the Kaplan Biochem Foundations course, definitely recommend it if you never had Biochem.
Interesting... Have you taken a biochem course at a university before? I'm curious to see how they compare. How do you like the online format?