eli lilly

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xml2

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone done a rotation at eli lilly in indianapolis, ind? or, is anyone from indiana?

I want to ask you some questions. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I used to live in Indiana, but I do not have much information about Eli Lilly. If you have any questions about Indiana, feel free to PM me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I live in Indianapolis, but I haven't had a rotation at Eli Lilly... I may be able to answer your questions.

I am looking for housing IN the city, and hopefully affordable. I want it at least walking distance to the coporate center. Do you have any idea what places allow renting temporarily for six weeks?

Thanks...

I live in Indianapolis, but I haven't had a rotation at Eli Lilly... I may be able to answer your questions.

Do you have any idea what places allow renting temporarily for six weeks?
I'm not from Indiana, but...
Hotels. Perhaps they'll reduce your rate if you make an agreement with them. You could also try Craigslist. That would be a gamble though.

What's the main bank in indianapolis?

I use Bank of America, and they dont have it there.

Also, any idea how long a walk is 2 miles?

I'm not from Indiana, but...
Hotels. Perhaps they'll reduce your rate if you make an agreement with them. You could also try Craigslist. That would be a gamble though.

When I did a rotation at Lilly, they provided housing (your own bedroom and bathroom in a 2-bed, 2-bath apartment) at a reduced cost, but it was not walking distance but about 15-20 minutes. Also, keep in mind that your rotation may not be in the corporate campus but in the US affiliate campus (most positions are), which is about mile and a half away (there is a shuttle, though, or was a few years back - you never know where the cuts come :rolleyes: ). You would need a car in Indianapolis anyway, so I wouldn't worry about being walking distance to anything (it did not strike me as a pedestrian-friendly city, more of your typical Midwestern drive everywhere cities).

I didn't go for the housing they provided, but instead at a hotel that is double the cost. Renting a car at a place I never been to is a liability (the high cost of gas, the car itself) to me, so the area I would stay at is about 2 miles of walking. I will be doing a rotation in the corporate center, according to Guy (Do you know him?).

Tell me your experience there in general. What was your rotation about? Did you hang out with the students involved in the rotation during weekends? What fun things did you do there? What is the estimated expense, like food and entertainment, to look out for?

Average walker makes 4 miles per hour, so 2 miles would be about half an hour.

Food prices are relatively cheap compared to most cities of the same size especially if shop at Walmart or Marsh. However, I don't know how close these stores will be to where you will be living.

I didn't go for the housing they provided, but instead at a hotel that is double the cost. Renting a car at a place I never been to is a liability (the high cost of gas, the car itself) to me, so the area I would stay at is about 2 miles of walking. I will be doing a rotation in the corporate center, according to Guy (Do you know him?).
Talked to him on the phone, never met the guy. Choosing a hotel... I would say it is a stupid idea not only because it is double the cost but because it also means added cost of food (you cannot cook). Well, to each his own. Please keep in mind that Indianapolis can be quite hot and humid in the summer and you won't smell very good after walking for half an hour in the summer... as far as renting, have you never rented a car before? And driving there is easy, nice midwestern drivers and wide streets, little traffic unless you are downtown and there is some special event going on. I simply drove to Indianapolis, though.

Tell me your experience there in general. What was your rotation about? Did you hang out with the students involved in the rotation during weekends? What fun things did you do there? What is the estimated expense, like food and entertainment, to look out for?
I was in regulatory. There were only three other students on rotation with me, two of them being local and with their families there, and the other one would go back to her hometown in Kentucky on weekends. I went to visit family in Ohio and then took time to explore Indianapolis the other two weekends. As far as estimated expenses, it varies too much person to person. A dinner can run $10 - or top $50 easily.

The place I will be staying at isn't too bad - right in the city, and fully furnished with a kitchen.

It is hotel-like at a cheaper rate.

Talked to him on the phone, never met the guy. Choosing a hotel... I would say it is a stupid idea not only because it is double the cost but because it also means added cost of food (you cannot cook).

Guy Ruble is usually the contact person for all students doing rotations at Lilly. He does take a few students of his own.