Eliminate Step 2 CS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Robin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Tired of this CS nonsense? Some classmates of mine have drafted a petition to convince the NBME to eliminate Step 2 CS as a requirement for US Medical Graduates.

We already have over 1,000 signatures. Please consider signing if you're not interested in paying >$1,200 + travel fees only to get a result that your school's OSCE could already tell you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Rather than eliminating Step 2 CS, how about reducing the cost of Step 2 CS? I still think CS serves a purpose---to weed out those with poor communication skills, poor bed side manner, etc. Yes, medical school administer OSCEs, but they are not standardised.

On another note, some medical schools charge like $60,000+ for tuition each year. Why not petition the egregious tuition for medical school instead? I would much rather chip in the $1200 if it meant I had to pay a reasonable tuition for medical school (i.e. $10,000-15,000). Seriously, though

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.