Elizabeth Holmes sentencing today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WEBB PINKERTON

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will having a kid and being pregnant with another get leniency? Find out this afternoon.

Members don't see this ad.

That pharma bro Martin Shkreli got released after 4 years. Let’s see what Holmes gets.

Members don't see this ad :)
She ripped off some power people. I have to admit seeing Betsy Devos and Walmart lose 100s of millions of dollars made me happy.

I always thought there was no way to reduce a federal sentence. Has this changed in recent years? Watching her claim sexual abuse for sympathy and now use children is sickening. She really needs help.

Seems the amount of money he defrauded investors pales in comparison to Holmes.

“As charged in Count Three, between 2009 and 2014, Shkreli used false representations and omissions to induce investors to invest more than $3 million in MSMB Capital, a hedge fund he founded in 2009. Subsequently, following trading losses, Shkreli sent fabricated performance updates to investors, boasting that the fund had made big profits when, in fact, it had sustained substantial losses. In addition, Shkreli withdrew more than $200,000 from MSMB Capital, far more than the one percent management fee and the 20 percent net profit incentive allocation permitted by the fund’s partnership agreement.

As charged in Count Six, between 2011 and 2014, Shkreli used false representations and omissions to induce investors to invest more than $5 million in MSMB Healthcare, a hedge fund founded by Shkreli after the implosion of MSMB Capital. Additionally, Shkreli used MSMB Healthcare assets to pay obligations that were not MSMB Healthcare’s responsibility. As with the MSMB Capital scheme, Shkreli withdrew more from MSMB Healthcare than the one percent management fee and the 20 percent net profit incentive allocation permitted by the fund’s partnership agreement.”

Members don't see this ad :)
didn't he rip people off far more? 7 years is pretty light for him

Not only did he defraud investors but….

“In September 2015, Shkreli was widely criticized when Turing obtained the manufacturing license for the antiparasitic drug Daraprim and raised its price by 5,455% (from US$13.50 to $750 per pill).”

“On September 13, 2017, his bail was revoked following a Facebook post offering $5,000 for a strand of Hillary Clinton's hair which the judge perceived as solicitationto assault, which is not protected under the First Amendment.[123] Shkreli's post was preceded by others that suggested he might have plans to clone Hillary Clinton.[124]:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Yea, she got the sentence due to the amount of the fraud. It earned her a lot of points in the sentencing guidelines. I can't believe so many people thought she wouldn't be doing time.

Cory Booker wanted the judge to have leniency since he shared some almonds with her at some get together years ago and they became friends. That letter really touched me. 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Yea, she got the sentence due to the amount of the fraud. It earned her a lot of points in the sentencing guidelines. I can't believe so many people thought she wouldn't be doing time.

Cory Booker wanted the judge to have leniency since he shared some almonds with her at some get together years ago and they became friends. That letter really touched me. 🤮

I saw that, wth?

Those letters to the judge were sickening. Shameful for a politician to look past the fact she stole hundreds of millions of dollars and harmed patients. She can't be that bad, she shared almonds with me and is vegetarian. I am upset the judge called her brilliant yesterday. What are people seeing in this woman that I am not?

Headline from the WSJ

Elizabeth Holmes Brushed Off Patient Risks: ‘They Don’t Put Pretty People Like Me in Jail’.

Those letters to the judge were sickening. Shameful for a politician to look past the fact she stole hundreds of millions of dollars and harmed patients. She can't be that bad, she shared almonds with me and is vegetarian. I am upset the judge called her brilliant yesterday. What are people seeing in this woman that I am not?

she’s only somewhat brilliant as a con artist.

He should have tried some angle to get sympathy. She threw him under the bus with claims of abuse. He should have done the same or faked an illness. He put a ton of his money in Theranos as well if I recall.

Why do they both wait until next year before entering prison?

Sounds like Elizabeth may have tried to flee to mexico. They better lock her up now. If she does flee, hope Dog The Bounty Hunter brings her back.

Lol she bought a one way ticket to Mexico. It’s not like US authorities wouldn’t be able to find her lol

Last edited:
Right? I mean if you’re going to make ONE trip … you take the one RIGHT trip: Venezuela, or somewhere else without extradition

The non-extradition countries are not places you want to live typically. If she wants to hide, best to stay on the run here. I am sure there are plenty of youtube videos on how to change your identity and disappear.

The non-extradition countries are not places you want to live typically. If she wants to hide, best to stay on the run here. I am sure there are plenty of youtube videos on how to change your identity and disappear.
Yeah just like Whitey Bulger. Evaded the FBI for 11 years. Got caught in Santa Monica and was murdered in prison.

They are free on appeal. Has nothing to do with being pregnant. If I were her, I'd have the kid and disappear. Go surf the biggest wave I could find.

1674498171290.png

All these young people going to jail for fraud.

Reactions: 1 user
A pattern becoming increasingly clear; scam people all you want, but do not mess with rich people’s money.

Reactions: 4 users
That first night is always the hardest

1684362346018.png

I wonder if she still has her passport

Still not sure what people found attractive about her. Pale, semi-autistic...no thanks.

Good thing she quit using that deep voice so they didn't throw her in the men's prison.

She’ll be traded for a pack of cigarettes by the end of the week.

No. She’s gonna be maxed out on her commissary money (~$375) and have all kind of goodies.

I still can't figure out why they didn't try to get plea deals. A few years of lost freedom is better than a decade. Sunny has to be sitting in his cell wondering how the hell he got caught up in this crap. He got a longer sentence, was accused of being abusive and manipulative (which I am very skeptical of) and wasted a lot of his own money. I almost feel sympathy for him.

Both of them will serve a minimum 85% of their sentences, with good behavior, unless an appeal goes thru.

Holmes' dad was an Enron executive. Makes you wonder if sociopathy is genetic.