Elizabeth Raine Auction

Started by GC1000
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Should "Elizabeth Raine" be dismissed from medical school for selling her virginity?


  • Total voters
    115
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm kinda surprised no one on here has leaked what school she's at. Anyways, lets say she doesn't get dismissed. Isn't she gonna be completely screwed for residencies? She has her full name out there, photos of her body, close ups of her face, and coverage by major news networks. How is she going to have any hope of getting a job? Or will people just forget about it? Regardless of whether we think what she's doing is right or wrong, I don't see employers wanting this kind of press.

Her real name isn't Elizabeth Raine and as far as I know, no one has said who she really is.

That's a blanket statement. Many (not all) women feel empowered because they say it makes them feel in control of their sexuality. If that is the case, support them?

Why not support women doing what they want with their own bodies??? I don't understand all the judgment. I think what she's doing is disgusting, but it's her right to do as she pleases. Take care of your own body. Quit worrying about everyone else's.

Why lead a meaningful and productive life when you can be sleezy and make a quick buck?

She doesn't lead a meaningful and productive life just because she chooses to experience sex in a different way than you do? Better re-visit those Christian teachings. I'm almost certain there's a clause somewhere about judging others.
 
Why not support women doing what they want with their own bodies??? I don't understand all the judgment. I think what she's doing is disgusting, but it's her right to do as she pleases. Take care of your own body. Quit worrying about everyone else's.

I'm not saying she doesn't have the "right" to do it. She's a grown woman and whoever is bidding on her is a grown man (presumably). The reason why I jumped in was because I asked Nontrad to place himself in a theoretical situation where his daughter was doing this same thing or similar things (selling yourself for money in some way, shape, or form), and asked how he would feel about that provided the theoretical daughter felt empowered by doing these acts.

Better re-visit those Christian teachings. I'm almost certain there's a clause somewhere about judging others.

Actually it says that if you judge, you will be judged by the same measure. It encourages Christians to guide people in the correct way of living. Just don't be a hypocrite about it.
 
Last edited:
Ahh alright guys, my internet detective skills led me to /r/medicalschool where apparently she was outed but the posts with the details were all deleted. The outer claims the school knows, so who knows what'll happen next. Hopefully that 800k is worth it.

What school? I don't think that violates the TOS, if so, don't answer.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not saying she doesn't have the "right" to do it. She's a grown woman and whoever is bidding on her is a grown man (presumably). The reason why I jumped in was because I asked Nontrad to place himself in a theoretical situation where his daughter was doing this same thing or similar things (selling yourself for money in some way, shape, or form), and asked how he would feel about that provided the theoretical daughter felt empowered by doing these acts.

But your hypothetical is ridiculous. There are a lot of things I wouldn't support for my daughter that I take a hands-off approach on with strangers. For example, I know a lot of people who never went to undergrad. I wouldn't be happy about my daughter rejecting a college education, but I respect the right of others (and even support them) following their dreams and skipping college if it's not for them. I have friends who are obese and I'm fine with that because it's their life/their body. If my daughter was obese, I'd worry about her constantly and try to get her to eat healthier and take better care of herself. I have friends who love to party hard. If it was my daughter, I'd intervene. You can't apply your feelings toward your daughter to perfect strangers. You have no say in what anyone else does.
 
But your hypothetical is ridiculous. There are a lot of things I wouldn't support for my daughter that I take a hands-off approach on with strangers. For example, I know a lot of people who never went to undergrad. I wouldn't be happy about my daughter rejecting a college education, but I respect the right of others (and even support them) following their dreams and skipping college if it's not for them. I have friends who are obese and I'm fine with that because it's their life/their body. If my daughter was obese, I'd worry about her constantly and try to get her to eat healthier and take better care of herself. I have friends who love to party hard. If it was my daughter, I'd intervene. You can't apply your feelings toward your daughter to perfect strangers. You have no say in what anyone else does.

Asking someone to think a hypothetical situation through isn't applying my feelings to theirs. It's asking how he or she would feel if their daughter were in a situation like Elizabeth Raine or other people who sell their body for money. How would Nontrad feel if he became a parent and his daughter did that? It's a legitimate question.

EDIT: I know how you would feel, I know how GC would feel, I know how I would feel. I questioned how Nontrad would feel because I questioned the thoughtfulness of what he said earlier. When I got the end response, "Someone has to fill my spank bank," it pretty much answered my question of how far he can think something through, which was why I thought to question him in the first place.
 
Last edited:
Bill Clinton lied under oath.

I'm not a premed.

You don't own this thread or forum and you can kiss my a$$ if you believe I care what you think.

I'm not preaching to anyone, just curious what others think.
If you're not a premed, then why is your status premed?
 
A lot of women prostitute themselves, because a lot have realized that sex = power. At least this chick put a high price on it. She's smart IMO.

This woman did everything right. Just think about how many gold diggers there are out there. They have to put up with ugly pricks for years, but this lady took all of the power for herself and saved herself the trouble of kids, fights, boring companion etc. All these trophy wives should be taking notes, especially seeing as how there's an expiration date on looks.
It's called "professionalism" which is a big thing now for medical students/residents/attendings. For all the people who have valid complaints on how stupid it is, and how it's implemented, this one case shows that the other side has a valid point. She did herself a real disservice.
 
It's called "professionalism" which is a big thing now for medical students/residents/attendings. For all the people who have valid complaints on how stupid it is, and how it's implemented, this one case shows that the other side has a valid point. She did herself a real disservice.

I agree that this is what they'll get her on. I don't agree, however, that it's valid or justified.
 
I agree that this is what they'll get her on. I don't agree, however, that it's valid or justified.

That's the thing about "professionalism". It doesn't have to be ILLEGAL. The standard for physicians and other professionals, regarding "professionalism" is higher than the legal standard. I think it's stupid, however, she gave their side huge ammunition, and you can bet when they have conferences on this ****, they will include her as a perfect example, of why medical students need to be monitored and remediated for lapses in professionalism.
 
That's the thing about "professionalism". It doesn't have to be ILLEGAL. The standard for physicians and other professionals, regarding "professionalism" is higher than the legal standard. I think it's stupid, however, she gave their side huge ammunition, and you can bet when they have conferences on this ****, they will include her as a perfect example, of why medical students need to be monitored and remediated for lapses in professionalism.

Yep, they'll get her on professionalism.

The school already knows of her identity, and there is honestly enough information on the internet right now to out her. Journalists must be dummies because it took me like 2 minutes to figure it all out. But I reported all the posts on reddit that were still up that gave away her school (and they have since been deleted), which made it REALLY easy to find out who she was because virtually all MD/PhD sites have profiles on each student.

It'll come out soon, people.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep, they'll get her on professionalism.

The school already knows of her identity, and there is honestly enough information on the internet right now to out her. Journalists must be dummies because it took me like 2 minutes to figure it all out. But I reported all the posts on reddit that were still up that gave away her school (and they have since been deleted), which made it REALLY easy to find out who she was because virtually all MD/PhD sites have profiles on each student.

It'll come out soon, people.
Wait you know who she is and what school in the U.S. she goes to?!?!
 
As much as I wanted to shed the "pre" in "pre-med" once I was accepted, you're not a med student until you start school. So until then, you're pre-med.

Well, I'll enjoy my last few months of being a premed. We need a term for accepted students who are waiting to start.
 
Wait you know who she is and what school in the U.S. she goes to?!?!

just a pretty good guess, but guesses aren't facts, and I agree with the removal of the posts IDing her.

Well, I'll enjoy my last few months of being a premed. We need a term for accepted students who are waiting to start.

Minions, Fish, Maggots, take your pick.
 
Wait you know who she is and what school in the U.S. she goes to?!?!

Yeah dude, it was really easy with the hint that was on reddit, which is now gone. I know who she is, where she went to undergrad, and what school she is an MD/PhD at. Found her mother's obituary, and know where her dad works. All of these line up perfectly with the stuff Elizabeth Raine has said in interviews -- like living in Saudi Arabia and her mom dying in a plane crash when she was 10. Google is amazing. I truly missed my calling as an investigative journalist. And no, I'm not going to reveal anything and the post on reddit that revealed where she went to school (which is how I found her name) has been deleted.
 
Yeah dude, it was really easy with the hint that was on reddit, which is now gone. I know who she is, where she went to undergrad, and what school she is an MD/PhD at. Found her mother's obituary, and know where her dad works. All of these line up perfectly with the stuff Elizabeth Raine has said in interviews -- like living in Saudi Arabia and her mom dying in a plane crash when she was 10. Google is amazing. I truly missed my calling as an investigative journalist. And no, I'm not going to reveal anything and the post on reddit that revealed where she went to school (which is how I found her name) has been deleted.
If she's an MD/PhD, why is she prostituting herself? It's not like she has student loans. I sincerely hope she contracts AIDS or something. God, what a dumb *****.
 
Last edited:
If she's an MD/PhD, why is she prostituting herself? It's not like she has student loans. I sincerely hope she contracts AIDs or something. God, what a dumb *****.

Umm that's a bit harsh, man. And the "s" in AIDS is also capitalized.

She has some explanation of her intentions in some interviews somewhere. But yes, she has free tuition and likely no outstanding debt from undergrad.
 
If she's an MD/PhD, why is she prostituting herself? It's not like she has student loans. I sincerely hope she contracts AIDs or something. God, what a dumb *****.

That is a little harsh. I think dismissal would be the right choice, but AIDS may be a bit extreme.
 
Umm that's a bit harsh, man. And the "s" in AIDS is also capitalized.

She has some explanation of her intentions in some interviews somewhere. But yes, she has free tuition and likely no outstanding debt from undergrad.
It's not harsh at all. She's jeopardizing over a decade of higher education and training for what, spending money? I don't care at all about the professionalism angle of it, it's just obscenely ****ing stupid.
 
It's not harsh at all. She's jeopardizing over a decade of higher education and training for what, spending money? I don't care at all about the professionalism angle of it, it's just obscenely ******* stupid.

I agree that it's ridiculously stupid if she cares about her future career, but sincerely hoping she contracts AIDS goes over the line.

She should have not posted the picture of her face. Once that happened, her anonymity was out the door. That was really, really dumb.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/elizabeth-raine-auction-canceled/
shocked.gif
 
lol.

Her school's administration probably was like "if you go through with this, you're done here" and offered to let her stay if she called it off.
 
Unfortunately they do: Medical Student (Accepted) is the status.

When did this happen? Seems like a silly designation. Aren't all med students technically accepted? Besides, we're not really med students until we've registered, paid tuition (or borrowed out the nose to cover it), and actually started classes. We've been pre-meds for years. We can wait another few months to start saying we're med students. Because it's such a lofty, respected position in medicine and society at large that commands respect and power.
 
When did this happen? Seems like a silly designation. Aren't all med students technically accepted? Besides, we're not really med students until we've registered, paid tuition (or borrowed out the nose to cover it), and actually started classes. We've been pre-meds for years. We can wait another few months to start saying we're med students. Because it's such a lofty, respected position in medicine and society at large that commands respect and power.
That's why I'm never going to change my status. That goes for FB or any other social media. Honestly, the only people I meet that I plan on telling I'm a med student or physician to are my patients. I can already spot the douchey kids in my class by all their med school related crap.

Lol one guy posted a pic of himself in a white coat and said " just call me dr xxx ". I lold.
 
That's why I'm never going to change my status. That goes for FB or any other social media. Honestly, the only people I meet that I plan on telling I'm a med student or physician to are my patients. I can already spot the douchey kids in my class by all their med school related crap.

Lol one guy posted a pic of himself in a white coat and said " just call me dr xxx ". I lold.
Yup, Facebook just increases the douchiness of incoming MS-1s.
 
That's the thing about "professionalism". It doesn't have to be ILLEGAL. The standard for physicians and other professionals, regarding "professionalism" is higher than the legal standard. I think it's stupid, however, she gave their side huge ammunition, and you can bet when they have conferences on this ****, they will include her as a perfect example, of why medical students need to be monitored and remediated for lapses in professionalism.

I never said it has to be illegal. What I said was that it's not valid to get her on a professionalism charge. They'll do, as I said numerous times in these threads, but it doesn't make it right. I stand by that.

If she's an MD/PhD, why is she prostituting herself? It's not like she has student loans. I sincerely hope she contracts AIDS or something. God, what a dumb *****.

The only thing dumber than what she's doing is your post.
 
Yeah dude, it was really easy with the hint that was on reddit, which is now gone. I know who she is, where she went to undergrad, and what school she is an MD/PhD at. Found her mother's obituary, and know where her dad works. All of these line up perfectly with the stuff Elizabeth Raine has said in interviews -- like living in Saudi Arabia and her mom dying in a plane crash when she was 10. Google is amazing. I truly missed my calling as an investigative journalist. And no, I'm not going to reveal anything and the post on reddit that revealed where she went to school (which is how I found her name) has been deleted.

Nah, you're not going to reveal anything. You just like to brag that you know.
 
I never said it has to be illegal. What I said was that it's not valid to get her on a professionalism charge. They'll do, as I said numerous times in these threads, but it doesn't make it right. I stand by that.
Sorry but it's absolutely valid to get her on a professionalism charge, as her actions of prostitution reflect on the profession as a whole. Medicine is a relatively conservative profession. People will hold those who hold people's lives in their hands or save their lives (physicians) to a higher standard than they do their auto mechanic.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not surprised she called it off. Likely due to pressure from administration as others stated. I have a guess on her name (which I can't 100% verify), and a confirmation of what school she attends. Each of these was a previous reddit post which has since been deleted. I caught the second one before it got the axe.

She collected 27 bids x $100 bidding fees, however, so there's at least $2700 for her trouble.
 
Not surprised she called it off. Likely due to pressure from administration as others stated. I have a guess on her name (which I can't 100% verify), and a confirmation of what school she attends. Each of these was a previous reddit post which has since been deleted. I caught the second one before it got the axe.

She collected 27 bids x $100 bidding fees, however, so there's at least $2700 for her trouble.
I forgot about that. I bet the bidding fees were the only reason she did it in the first place (well, that and the attention), and she never actually intended to go through with it at all.

I'm sure she hoped she'd get more than 27 bids though.