eLORs for vet school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AniSci

AniSci
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So another done-to-death question: where can eLORs come from?

Do they have to be from a specific "group" of people (professors, academic advisers, vets you've worked for/volunteered with), or can it be from anyone who's willing and able to give you a good word?

It's not quite time for me to start applying (I've got another year), but a few months ago my 4th grade teacher offered (completely out-of-the-blue) to give me a recommendation when I needed it for vet school; I'm friends with her niece, who's going to med school this fall, and we've kept in touch through Facebook and whatnot.

I went through a really rough time during 4th grade, both in and out of school, so it's not like she'll just be throwing random compliments and praise out; she's got something to work with haha.

I've already got a veterinarian or two in mind for one eLOR, and I want to ask my academic adviser to write one because she was also a professor of mine (and coincidentally graduated from the same school I want to apply to).

Members don't see this ad.

It varies between schools. Typically, you should get an eLOR from a veterinarian, work supervisor and professor. VMCAS requires a minimum of three letters and up to six. Some schools will only read so many of the letters you submit, toher schools won't read letter at all and require an ETS PPI (which is a scoring system of recommendation that your evaluators submit on your behalf).

Reactions: 1 user