EM and Critical Care Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrQuinn

My name is Neo
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm posting this message for a colleague of mine who may be interested in an EM Critical Care Fellowship. I know there are a few posters on here who are actually in the fellowship, but these questions can be answered by anybody. Thanks!

A) What opportunities are available to someone finishing a CCF? B) What is the pay like for an EM/CCF working outside of the ED (let's say a shift in the ICU)

Danke Schoen

Q, DO

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If anybody has any questions about a CCM fellowship, those links listed above (specifically the 2nd one) will take you to our Critical Care section on the ACEP website and a FAQ section. There is also one linked to the University of Pittsburgh.

If anyone has specific questions, you can email me off the list ([email protected]) or David Huang who is a CCM fellow at Pitt and trained in straight EM at Henry Ford. His email is [email protected].

You will make more money as an ER doc and work less hours. But I feel like I have the best job in the world working between the ICU, ER and research.

Bottom line, you can do it, you won't be poor or rich, but you really have to enjoy critical care. It is not financially sound compared to all those $250-$350k/yr ER jobs out there.

Kyle

Thanks Kyle, I forwarded your info to my fellow intern who is interested in CC. Appreciate your help!

Q, DO