EM electives that have filled

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by EBKame, May 11, 2008.

1. EBKame

EBKame Member

Attending Physician
    I thought it might be helpful to start up a list of Emergency Medicine electives for the Summer/Fall/Winter 2008 cycle that have filled. I know that it would be a huge help to me to have some overview. Please respond with month, specialty (for ex. EM or EM/Tox), and hospital.

Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. fakin' the funk

fakin' the funk ASA Member

Attending Physician
    :confused::scared:

4. roja

Attending Physician
    You are going to have a hard time with this. This is one of the 'hoops'. you have to keep calling, etc. Things are often in flux as MS4s juggle thier schedule around. Much like interview season. :)

5. Do you mean away rotations?

6. EBKame

EBKame Member

Attending Physician
    Yeah, I mean away rotations. And yes, I now realize how pointless it is to have this as a thread. The schedules are constantly in flux and people apply to more than one rotation per month as well. I hope over time people will cancel the rotations they're no longer interested in because I'm having a hard time finding any rotations and I started this whole process in April. Thanks anyway.

7. Acherona

Acherona Senior Member

Attending Physician
    maybe you can put your name on a waiting list? Also some select schools seem not to even start accepting apps before like 2 months before the rotation because they have to finish scheduling their own students first. Even really noncompetitive things seem to be full already for september.