GamerEMdoc, I have a particular question concerning how to go about uploading SLOEs/LORs. I am doing 3 away sub-I rotations and my 1 home EM rotation. I chose to do this mainly because I wanted to see how other programs function, have exposure to different types of emergency departments, and because I had the time in my schedule and didn't feel the need to take off extra months for vacations or free time (lol, horrible, I know, but honestly how I felt about going into 4th year).
Currently, I have 2 very solid SLOEs, as well as 1 very good LOR from another preceptor outside of EM. If I submit those 3 letters on 9/15, my application will be "completed" with the schools requiring 3 LOR. That would leave a spot for the 3rd EM rotation I am doing right now, so I can upload that letter after I finish the rotation at the end of this month. As well, I am doing the 4th rotation that will be ending at the end of October, therefore, the SLOE probably will not be done until mid November.
My question: How would you go about uploading these letters? Should I just upload the 2 SLOEs I have currently for the 9/15 deadline, knowing that my 3rd SLOE will not be ready until mid-october, and then add the 4th SLOE in mid-November? (and just not submit the outside LOR at all).
Or, should I use the 1 outside LOR I have with my 2 SLOEs so I am marked as "completed" by 10/1 and will get in on the first wave of interviews? If I do that, (submit outside LOR and then my next subsequent 3 SLOEs), what will I end up doing with the 4th SLOE? I will not have the space to submit it at all to any programs since the max # of letters is 4. If this is what I should do in order to get in on the first wave of interviews, will this be viewed negatively to programs on the interview trail when informed I actually did 4 EM rotations and couldn't upload my last SLOE? Really lost here on this.
Thank you so much!