Email form Rosalind Franklin: Dr William M Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jtse106

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i open up my mailbox and find a letter from RFU. They said based on my mcat scores, taht i should cnosider enrolling in thsi particular college (Dr William M Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine). they listed a lot off things that made a podiatrist sound good: solid hours, good pay, 100% placement in residency.

but this is kinda weird considering I dont think i'm even verified there. Has anybody else receieved thsi email? i hope it doesn't mean that they dont think im good enough for a regular MD program and are offering this to me as a consolation prize...

Members don't see this ad.

wow, that seems a little like a kick in the face, pun intended

Members don't see this ad :)
So i open up my mailbox and find a letter from RFU. They said based on my mcat scores, taht i should cnosider enrolling in thsi particular college (Dr William M Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine). they listed a lot off things that made a podiatrist sound good: solid hours, good pay, 100% placement in residency.

but this is kinda weird considering I dont think i'm even verified there. Has anybody else receieved thsi email? i hope it doesn't mean that they dont think im good enough for a regular MD program and are offering this to me as a consolation prize...

Hey, I received an interview from RFU this cycle and I also received that email today. So I think its just sent to everyone that applied there, and not an implication that you're not good enough.

Hey, I received an interview from RFU this cycle and I also received that email today. So I think its just sent to everyone that applied there, and not an implication that you're not good enough.

I also applied there and got an interview, and didn't get that email..........YET.

Regardless, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the merit of an application. Don't sweat it.

I didn't apply, but I got that e-mail.

I got it. They sent it to the email address I used for MCAT (which is different from my application email). I also keep getting Army/Navy HPSP emails there. Silly AAMC.

Only apply there if you were a pre-feet major in college.

I think they have access to the list of MCAT/AMCAS people and simply send out batch e-mail. Don't worry about it.

I'm pretty sure that if you didn't check a specific box when you registered for the MCAT, the AAMC will essentially sell your info to all sorts of programs...

Now, I didn't check that box and I got the RFU solicitation a while after my RFU rejection... I suspect a little bit of linkage, but I think the reason it's going out now is the fact that they just bought a list of names and are sending it out to as many people as possible.