Email form Rosalind Franklin: Dr William M Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine

jtse106

10+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
So i open up my mailbox and find a letter from RFU. They said based on my mcat scores, taht i should cnosider enrolling in thsi particular college (Dr William M Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine). they listed a lot off things that made a podiatrist sound good: solid hours, good pay, 100% placement in residency.

but this is kinda weird considering I dont think i'm even verified there. Has anybody else receieved thsi email? i hope it doesn't mean that they dont think im good enough for a regular MD program and are offering this to me as a consolation prize...

Phoenix.

Emdee Jaydee
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
I remember another poster in the non-trad forum talking about receiving stuff from podiatry schools even though they only applied to med school. Go figure.

illixir

One
10+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
wow, that seems a little like a kick in the face, pun intended

About the Ads

LaDaLa

10+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2006
Status
So i open up my mailbox and find a letter from RFU. They said based on my mcat scores, taht i should cnosider enrolling in thsi particular college (Dr William M Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine). they listed a lot off things that made a podiatrist sound good: solid hours, good pay, 100% placement in residency.

but this is kinda weird considering I dont think i'm even verified there. Has anybody else receieved thsi email? i hope it doesn't mean that they dont think im good enough for a regular MD program and are offering this to me as a consolation prize...
Hey, I received an interview from RFU this cycle and I also received that email today. So I think its just sent to everyone that applied there, and not an implication that you're not good enough.

Phoenix.

Emdee Jaydee
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
Hey, I received an interview from RFU this cycle and I also received that email today. So I think its just sent to everyone that applied there, and not an implication that you're not good enough.
I also applied there and got an interview, and didn't get that email..........YET.

Regardless, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the merit of an application. Don't sweat it.

Phthirius pubis
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2007
Status
Medical Student
I got it. They sent it to the email address I used for MCAT (which is different from my application email). I also keep getting Army/Navy HPSP emails there. Silly AAMC.

Quix

Herr Professor
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2006
Lake Charles, LA
Status
Academic Administration
Only apply there if you were a pre-feet major in college.

I think they have access to the list of MCAT/AMCAS people and simply send out batch e-mail. Don't worry about it.

Depakote

Pediatric Anesthesiologist
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2004
SOCMOB
Status
Attending Physician
I'm pretty sure that if you didn't check a specific box when you registered for the MCAT, the AAMC will essentially sell your info to all sorts of programs...

Now, I didn't check that box and I got the RFU solicitation a while after my RFU rejection... I suspect a little bit of linkage, but I think the reason it's going out now is the fact that they just bought a list of names and are sending it out to as many people as possible.

About the Ads