Email from LECOM-Bradenton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redwings54

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got this email today from Dr. Berezniak at LECOM-Bradenton. This is what it said:

LECOM Bradenton Applicant

We received your AACOMAS application. However, we have not received your Supplemental Application as of today.

We would like to schedule you for an interview. Unfortunately, we cannot until your file is complete.

Please email me and let me know if you are still interested in LECOM Bradenton and if you are having a problem with the Supplemental Application or attachments (i.e., Letters of Recommendation).

I really would like to help you during the application process to our school.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ron Berezniak, PhD

So I never sent in the reccommendation because my premed committee at my undergrad decided they werent going to reccommend me to med school this year or if I really wanted the letter, that it would be with reservations. So I decided then to not send in any more secondaries other than the three I already sent in: UNECOM(my top choice), KCOM and NSUCOM. I decided to to use three individual letters of rec from teachers who really knew me and my abilities. I think they are pretty strong. I also have a DO letter from a grad of UNE to help me out too. So my question is whether this email from LECOM-Bradenton means I am getting an interview invite as soon as my secondary gets sent in? Or does it mean that they might send me an invite if I send in my secondary? What would you guys do? Oh, and here is a link to what happened with all the premed committee letter junk as well as my stats and ECs: Redwings stats and premed committee experience

Thanks guys. Take care and let me know what you think.

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like you just need to complete your file for an interview. I would do it if I where you. Good luck, with that interview.

redwings54 said:
So I got this email today from Dr. Berezniak at LECOM-Bradenton. This is what it said:

LECOM Bradenton Applicant

We received your AACOMAS application. However, we have not received your Supplemental Application as of today.

We would like to schedule you for an interview. Unfortunately, we cannot until your file is complete.

Please email me and let me know if you are still interested in LECOM Bradenton and if you are having a problem with the Supplemental Application or attachments (i.e., Letters of Recommendation).

I really would like to help you during the application process to our school.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ron Berezniak, PhD

So I never sent in the reccommendation because my premed committee at my undergrad decided they werent going to reccommend me to med school this year or if I really wanted the letter, that it would be with reservations. So I decided then to not send in any more secondaries other than the three I already sent in: UNECOM(my top choice), KCOM and NSUCOM. I decided to to use three individual letters of rec from teachers who really knew me and my abilities. I think they are pretty strong. I also have a DO letter from a grad of UNE to help me out too. So my question is whether this email from LECOM-Bradenton means I am getting an interview invite as soon as my secondary gets sent in? Or does it mean that they might send me an invite if I send in my secondary? What would you guys do? Oh, and here is a link to what happened with all the premed committee letter junk as well as my stats and ECs: Redwings stats and premed committee experience

Thanks guys. Take care and let me know what you think.

i received the same email... I am almost certain that this means they will give you and interview as soon as they receive your secondary application. since ive been accepted to lecom-erie, i most likely will not send in my app.
however, if you would consider going to this school, i would definetely send in your secondary, it seems VERY promising to me!! best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
wow..i got the same email!!!...i was pleasantly suprised to receive it

Not to be a pessimist here, but I think that EVERYONE got that email. Other schools will send out something similar later in the year, something to the effect of "We still have many seats available, and would love for you to apply to ***COM."

Trust me, this is just a ploy to get more $$$ out of hapless applicants who would sell their souls for an interview. I certainly was in this place last year, and two weeks after responding (and paying) I got the swift rejection.

I think it's cruel to play on the desperation of the application cycle. Most applicants, I think, would go ANYWHERE that accepted them if only one school offered them an interview. Obviously, some get multiple interviews and acceptances, but I think that that is rare. Many of the "borderline" candidates get zero interviews or one. So when something like the LECOM email comes out, everyone jumps, and LECOM pockets the money with one hand and sends out the rejections with the other.

Sorry to sound so bitter, but I really hate it when schools pull that kind of manipulation.

All I know is that I never got it - but I was also complete very early on in the cycle.

mj1878 said:
Not to be a pessimist here, but I think that EVERYONE got that email. Other schools will send out something similar later in the year, something to the effect of "We still have many seats available, and would love for you to apply to ***COM."

Trust me, this is just a ploy to get more $$$ out of hapless applicants who would sell their souls for an interview. I certainly was in this place last year, and two weeks after responding (and paying) I got the swift rejection.

I think it's cruel to play on the desperation of the application cycle. Most applicants, I think, would go ANYWHERE that accepted them if only one school offered them an interview. Obviously, some get multiple interviews and acceptances, but I think that that is rare. Many of the "borderline" candidates get zero interviews or one. So when something like the LECOM email comes out, everyone jumps, and LECOM pockets the money with one hand and sends out the rejections with the other.

Sorry to sound so bitter, but I really hate it when schools pull that kind of manipulation.

I think you right

I got the same email last year....and then right after new years I got a brochure/letter in the mail from LECOM telling me that I would still have a shot for an interview if I would send in my secondary. Quite frankly it seemed like solicitation to get some more 2ndary $$ out of applicants. I'm sure they raked in a nice chunk of change from that. Nothing against the school or the education it provides, as I know its quality, but that tactic kindof rubbed me the wrong way.

I never sent in my secondary to DMU and they keep sending me emails. I havn't filled it out as of yet because I am afraid that it's too late in the cycle and they just want my money now.

Dang, so you mean I'm not special?? :(

I wrote back that I was flattered but due to cost and location I would have to rescind my application to their fantabulous school.

I got the same email to. I emailed him and told him to withdraw my application.

I received the same email and I am glad of it. I kept putting off doing my second application because of my studies. I have a tough semester, 13 credits in sciences and that is where I focused my time. I was hoping to complete the app during the Christmas break. This email was an encouragement to me that it needs to be completed now, and not wait. I sent an email back telling him that I will complete the app within a week. He then sent back a second email telling me that if I had any questions, not to hesitate in contacting him. I then called him with a question and he talked with me on the phone for almost 20 minutes. What more could I ask for? How many med schools would have a dean write two emails and spend 20 minutes on the phone with a student he never even met?

assistant dean...but thats still pretty darn good gluck on ur app :)

I got accepted into the class for next year. One of the main reasons I chose to go to LECOM Bradenton was because of Dr. Berezniak. I met with him last year when he visited our school. He talked witih us for over almost two hours and stayed to answer individual questions. Since then, I emailed him several times and got back to me within a day or two. Also, I spoke to him on the phone at least three time, with him calling me back two of the three times. With my cum and my MCAT scores, I know I could have gotten accepted at many schools. I chose LECOM Bradenton because of the PBL Program, students, faculty, and the newness of the school. However, I would not have known about these things if Dr. Berezniak did not work with me. I believe that he is sincere in his words, at least with me and one of my friends who also got accepted there for next year. Dont sell him short about wanting to help you.

I am finishing up this year and have been accepted to LECOM in Bradenton, Floirda for next year. I knew nothing about the school, if fact, I did not even know that there was another oste school ini Florida until Dr. Breznak spoke on campus. He sold me on osteo med and LECOM Bradenton with his talk. He and I have emailed each other several times and even spoke on the phone twice. He was not in a rush when speaking with me. When he says he wants to help you, he wants to help you. He told me about a premed conference on campus which I attended and really sold me on that school. I met with med students and faculty and it was as Dr. B said it was. Since that time I have been contact with two second year med students and they are not unhappy at all going to that school. I can't wait to start next year.

Hey flyman and Derick--I got accepted too! So I am trying to make a decision now between MSU and Bradenton. I really did love the school though! Every thing was perfect about it. The more I think about it, the more I want to be there. But I will probably wait a bit and put deposits in both places for now. I need to slow every thing down and take a deep breath.

I also received such an email. I'm pretty sure if they write they want to schedule you for an interview, then they probably will after getting your secondary.

If they don't, it seems there is some kind of law or something against false solicitations.

I have never done this before so hopefully I am doing it right. My brother goes to the Bradenton LECOM and he loves it there. He is in his first year. He wanted to be an MD instead of a DO. He is really glad that he went there rather than Fl State. Dr. Berznak talked with him many times about the school and osteopathic medicine. When I met him, I could understand why my brother listened to him and chose that school. I think he has kids who are osteo docs. I am in my third year and I am hoping to get Dr. Berznak to talk with me about that school.