Emailed Transcripts from National Student Clearinghouse (But Unofficial Sender)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pth33

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! My school is not an approved electronic transcript sender because under NSC, I was unable to type in my AAMC ID. Instead, I had to upload my transcript request form as an attached PDF. I put the recipient email as [email protected].

Has anyone else successfully done this and been marked as received? And if so, what dates did you submit and then were marked as received? Thank you:)

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately, AMCAS won't accept your electronic transcript through the email listed above. Per AMCAS for Registrars , it needs to be your university's registrar's office that emails [email protected] for further instruction.

I dealt with this today. I had to give my registrar's office the instructions listed on the website and the AAMC replied back to them saying I needed to re-send my electronic transcript through NSC (or Parchment) to a different AAMC email address (I won't list it here because it could be school-specific).

Everyone who has attempted to send paper transcripts from non-approved senders should do this ASAP. The AAMC hasn't even begun processing paper transcripts- so it could be weeks before some student's applications are complete. They really dropped the ball on this.

I received this email from AMCAS when I asked:
Thank you for your email. Due to the high volume of inquiries we've received, we wanted to provide you with some answers to frequently asked questions. We hope this helps address your inquiry. We are aware of a potential delay in transcripts from Parchment uploading to us. We identified the issue and have resolved it. We are in the process of expediting all Parchment transcripts that were delayed and should be completed in a few days. Once it's rectified, you will have the update listed in your account. When institutions need to send transcripts, please provide the email address of [email protected] for use. If an institution needs to fax a transcript, please have the registrar's office email [email protected] for more information. The address to mail transcripts to is: 655 K St NW, Washington, DC 20001-2399. If a transcript is mailed, please allow 10 business days to receive it and an additional 15 business days to process. In addition, if having issues using the optional Transcript Request Form, please check your pop-up blockers settings. It is also recommended to use Mozilla Firefox when attempting to do so. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us. We'll be glad to assist you. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
3MHHmD63o5A92T-qzJ71M8165xTGgWsyl3m5LuMx2TDqvTknFdqP-i06tWL1nCww4rb1WtaPVxlx1tQznbl_xdW0TutcXJVP6QST1lBhDv7qiPZLAKWmIz3BT1UHefDZsiI1dUncMUIBXaOtxhgJDu0-sdlQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Why do you suppose you had to send it differently? And did you get marked as received yet?

Good question. I've been waiting for a response back from them for a couple of weeks, so I'm glad you received one! I haven't been able to find one place on their website or social media that explicitly says to send to [email protected]. That would have been much easier. I just went off of that link I posted above. They're in unchartered territory so I'm guessing they're just adjusting their processes the best they can.