Emailing correction to schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BarryO43

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright so I submitted my primary and realized that the hours I listed for an award I earned were already reported as part of another activity (I thought I had just put the awards hours down to 1 but I guess not...). It's probably just me being neurotic but I don't like the idea of having those extra hours on there and making it seem like I'm padding or something so I'm going to email a correction/clarification to the schools I'm applying to.

My main question is, when do I send this email and do I send it to like the main admissions email address? I'm assuming I should wait until after June 29th when the application's are transmitted to the schools. Should I just do it now or does waiting make sense? Does anyone have experience sending such a correction email to schools in the past?

Members don't see this ad.

How many hours are we talking here?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How many hours are we talking here?

If they don't get that there's an overlap between the two, they'll think 1140 hours of research vs. 1000. It's one of those things that seemed obvious to me as being overlapping and related but I feel it may not read like that to someone unfamiliar with how my school does the award and whatnot.

If they don't get that there's an overlap between the two, they'll think 1140 hours of research vs. 1000. It's one of those things that seemed obvious to me as being overlapping and related but I feel it may not read like that to someone unfamiliar with how my school does the award and whatnot.
Don't send it. If the award is for something that you mentioned elsewhere (ie a research award as one EC and the research itself as another) the reader will understand. "Hours" doesn't make sense for an award anyway.

Not worth meantioning