• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

senioritaelena

Let's go
10+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I just called Meharry and asked how students would be notified of committee descions. The secretary said by email or regular mail. Does email mean walitlist/rejection and regular mail mean acceptance. She obviously didn't say which one I would be getting or even if my file had been reviewed, but said that i would hear form them early next week (approx. 17 days post inteview) Anyone know anything about this meail vs. email stuff??

Input is greatlly appreciated:)

tthorst

10+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2006
Nashville, TN
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I just called Meharry and asked how students would be notified of committee descions. The secretary said by email or regular mail. Does email mean walitlist/rejection and regular mail mean acceptance. She obviously didn't say which one I would be getting or even if my file had been reviewed, but said that i would hear form them early next week (approx. 17 days post inteview) Anyone know anything about this meail vs. email stuff??

I heard about my acceptance via email and then a registered letter followed. Best of luck to you! :D

senioritaelena

Let's go
10+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Cool, I was getting all these thoughts in my mind that the secretary was implying that I would get an email and I only heard of people getting acceptances in the mail and, and, and, and...... i was just going crazy. So, now I shall relax a little. Cool:)

About the Ads

tthorst

10+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2006
Nashville, TN
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Oh, my email came at 6:32pm on a Saturday!!!! It is my work email account that I don't check on the weekends, so I was pleasantly surprised at 6:30am Monday morning! :D

DrVanNostran

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I'm still waiting to hear back from two schools and have one more interview for March 9th. This waiting game is PAINFUL, especially b/c you cannot really plan.

I know!! It must really rough on you now since Meharry starts in June, so u need those Waitlists to get moving...

tthorst

10+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2006
Nashville, TN
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I know!! It must really rough on you now since Meharry starts in June, so u need those Waitlists to get moving...
Exactly!!! I don't want to knock myself, but if I am waitlisted, I think I'd like the rejection b/c then the waiting game is over. If I am waitlisted, I hope they move quickly!!! :D

mlcal06

10+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2006
CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
hey, does meharry reject straight after the interview?
just trying to figure out how realistic getting off the waitlist is.. =/

naijagurl

10+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2006
Illinois
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Has anyone who had an Interview from Jan. 29th onward heard from them? This waiting is killing me..........:(

CagedBird

Don't Worry, Be Happy
10+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
The director of admissions told us we would hear something within 4 weeks and if not, to contact him personally. So for those of you all waiting, I would say wait it out for 4 weeks and then contact the admissions office if you don't hear anything by then.
Good luck you guys!!! :D

naijagurl

10+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2006
Illinois
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
The director of admissions told us we would hear something within 4 weeks and if not, to contact him personally. So for those of you all waiting, I would say wait it out for 4 weeks and then contact the admissions office if you don't hear anything by then.
Good luck you guys!!! :D

Thanks! You are always soo encouraging...........

GuzzyRon

Son of the Son of Man
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Under the shadow of the Almighty
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician

I interviewed Nov 10 but was waitlisted about 4 weeks later. Jan 12, I called Mr. Mosley on his cell phone and left him a message that I'm still interested in attending. 4 weeks later I was accepted. The letter came by certified mail (no email).

basicscikills

10+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Congratulations to all of you that have been accepted at Meharry. I'm in second year right now and truly believe I made the right choice in coming here. Good luck to all of you and if you have any questions that I can answer feel free to pm me.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.