emails/letters after interviews here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
who received letters from nyu, mt sinai, columbia, yale, penn? were they generic? did they say you were highly ranked?

Members don't see this ad.

anyone hear from UC Davis Or Uc Irvine post-interview?

Has anyone heard from UMich? I've heard of fruit baskets being sent in the past. Seriously.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from UMich? I've heard of fruit baskets being sent in the past. Seriously.

All I got from them was a bottle of Fentanyl with a note that read:

To Our Worst Candidiate Ever,
May this bottle ease the pain of the scramble.

Still gonna rank them high...just wish I got the fruit basket instead. :)

Seriously? Fruit basket?

any thoughts on penn vs. jefferson? is jefferson well thought of outside of philly? how do hours compare? supportive faculty?

A few of us from my school all got an e-mail from a resident there. Pretty sure it was just a courtesy mail though and not any indication of how much they love us.

Anyone else hear from Hopkins and if so what are they saying?

Cola

Email from JHU's PD. They've recently put together their rank list.

They recently completed their match list and you're on it? Or they just wanted to let you know in response to a question you asked them? I just wanted to clarify.

I was scratching my head about where to rank Hopkins...and if they are selectively communicating, well...I guess that bodes well for the recipient of those communications, which right now is not me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think we all need to take a big breath. Who cares if they call/email you... you're gonna rank them the same anyway. Right?

They emailed me first. It was pretty generic, just discussing the program.

go away, you are useless!

Seems like a pretty harsh response. I'm just arguing that you should be choosing a program for more than their ability to write you love letters. But we each have to deal with our own decisions, so you can choose a program by any method you want.

Seems like a pretty harsh response. I'm just arguing that you should be choosing a program for more than their ability to write you love letters. But we each have to deal with our own decisions, so you can choose a program by any method you want.

I think he was kind of kidding.

We are all pretty much aware that it is not very productive to sit and read about the latest letter/e-mail/phone call. It's basically just an obsession/morbid fascination. Or maybe that's just me...

Yes, it is something to do. Which is better than nothing. For those of us who aren't done ranking yet I mean.

If I were done I agree it is useless and I would be at the beach right now...

I think he was kind of kidding.

We are all pretty much aware that it is not very productive to sit and read about the latest letter/e-mail/phone call. It's basically just an obsession/morbid fascination. Or maybe that's just me...

of course, i can only speak for myself, but two programs made communications blatantly important.

one said if i don't email them after the interview they would consider that as lack of interest and wouldn't rank me. I never emailed them, but they did email me a week ago asking if I was still interested...seemed odd to me.

another--i asked by the way--said if i didn't hear from them in 2 weeks post-interview there would be no need to rank them (implying they wouldn't be ranking me). Interestingly, I did not hear from them, so I'm gonna take them on their word and not rank them.

I didn't interview at a lot of programs, but thankfully I wasn't interested in either one of those programs. But you can see why I'm curious as to what others have heard and from where. But i do agree the vast majority just send out communications to send them out. no need to look too deeply into it.

All I got from them was a bottle of Fentanyl with a note that read:

To Our Worst Candidiate Ever,
May this bottle ease the pain of the scramble.

Still gonna rank them high...just wish I got the fruit basket instead. :)

Seriously? Fruit basket?

At least they acknowledged you as a candidate. I was soooo bad they wouldn't even admit I was a candidate.

uglyHead.jpg

Hey Guys,
I am just wondering if anyone has gotten an e-mail/letter/call/psychic message from U of Rochester NY? I am having trouble trying to decide where to rank them, and if everyone but me is getting love then that would make the decision easier.

This whole process sucks. Twenty-three days until we find out match or no...where did I put my cyanide?

Has anyone gotten a letter or heard from Colorado or University of Washington. Thanks.

Has anyone gotten a letter or heard from Colorado or University of Washington. Thanks.

I got had written card from PD at Colorado...Did not apply to Wash....

They responded to an e-mail I sent right after my interview but that was it. Haven't heard anything since then, despite my sending another e-mail a couple of weeks ago.

I got an email from Hopkins today thanking me for interviewing and "I hope you get your first choice (and of course we hope
that first choice is Hopkins!)." Don't know what to make of it. Did anyone else get this email?

Cola

I got an email from Hopkins today thanking me for interviewing and "I hope you get your first choice (and of course we hope
that first choice is Hopkins!)." Don't know what to make of it. Did anyone else get this email?

Cola

i got the same thing, probably pretty generic....

Sent through Eras - my guess.. mass email to everyone who interviewed

Anybody get any love from Wake Forest?

Cola

Same thing here...

Did anyone else have Utah preemptively tell them at the interview they don’t do any post-interview soliciting and it won’t effect there rank list? Maybe they liked me just that much?